Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Rc drifting dying down

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc drifting dying down

About when I signed up I came in here and there was always a ton of people in the drifting section well lately I have not noticed anyone. Anyways my question is is rc drifting dying?
Old 06-18-2008, 12:25 AM
peetiewonder

Default RE: Rc drifting dying down

cant tell you. around my scene drifting is alive and well. there definately has been less forum activity but as far as people actually going out and drifting theres been plenty.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:02 AM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are other more popular forums for RC drifting.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Captain Nemo12

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

About when I signed up I came in here and there was always a ton of people in the drifting section well lately I have not noticed anyone. Anyways my question is is rc drifting dying?
Absolutely not!!

Just look at all the noobs that are trying to get into the hobby by posting questions everyday!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:11 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it may seem like it is dying down here on the forum, cause most people have there cars setup and there Q's answered. only newbs are asking how to's
Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

I wish there was more on this forum. I was thinking of buying a tt01.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 AM
disjaukifa
My Feedback: (14)

I just did buy a TT-01 from everything I had been reading in this forum and another forum on this website. I would say RC Drifting is a big thing, alot of people I work with are wanting to get into it, mostly because we are all car people and just can't afford to drive cars anymore.

Take me for example, the last time I was into this hobby was over 7 years ago, hadn't messed with it since. When I stopped, Nimh batteries where not even out yet and if they were it was high price and top dollar for them. When I started looking in to this stuff again, I was down right amazed at what technology had done for this hobby!!!

I have always loved drifting, I have drifted real cars on closed course not very well mind you but I have done a little bit, with a M3 to a 325i and even a Camaro (didn't work as well as the BMWs), however I just can't afford to do that anymore. The tires . . . way to expensive, the gas . . . not even going to start, maintance . . . yeah, possibility of wreaking . . . um yeah.

HAHAHA I didn't even know you could drift a RC car till about 3 weeks ago when I was looking for drifting videos online from the BBC show Top Gear and I came across a D10 RC Drift video on youtube and I was simple memorized, it was awesome. So yeah I get my TT-01 chassis today and I look forward to getting into drift :-D because from my perspective, its cheaper, you can do it longer, and its safer, and it looks just as cool! OH and you don't *@&#% yourself when a drift goes wrong!

-Disjaukifa
Old 06-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: disjaukifa

I just did buy a TT-01 from everything I had been reading in this forum and another forum on this website. I would say RC Drifting is a big thing, alot of people I work with are wanting to get into it, mostly because we are all car people and just can't afford to drive cars anymore.

Take me for example, the last time I was into this hobby was over 7 years ago, hadn't messed with it since. When I stopped, Nimh batteries where not even out yet and if they were it was high price and top dollar for them. When I started looking in to this stuff again, I was down right amazed at what technology had done for this hobby!!!

I have always loved drifting, I have drifted real cars on closed course not very well mind you but I have done a little bit, with a M3 to a 325i and even a Camaro (didn't work as well as the BMWs), however I just can't afford to do that anymore. The tires . . . way to expensive, the gas . . . not even going to start, maintance . . . yeah, possibility of wreaking . . . um yeah.

HAHAHA I didn't even know you could drift a RC car till about 3 weeks ago when I was looking for drifting videos online from the BBC show Top Gear and I came across a D10 RC Drift video on youtube and I was simple memorized, it was awesome. So yeah I get my TT-01 chassis today and I look forward to getting into drift :-D because from my perspective, its cheaper, you can do it longer, and its safer, and it looks just as cool! OH and you don't *@&#% yourself when a drift goes wrong!

-Disjaukifa
When I first signed up all I was interested in was drifting but then I saw the db-01 and I fell in love but now I want a drifter so bad. Anyways I have always loved drifting its what got me into racing (oh and nascar to). I would much rather wreck an rc car than a real car!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:57 AM
TheTruckingGuru

Yes maybe. Or maybe more people are drifting but don't talk about it. Drifting is really fun but also really simple. Maybe thats the problem. With my 1/5th gas car and race trucks I always check the forums for advice on upgrading, tuning, and fixing. But my Hot Bodies Tailwhip drift car has been simple, fun, and reliable. I have worn out my tires and was unable to buy new ones at my LHS. So I made my own by painfully cutting PVC pipe with a hacksaw and making my own. Problem solved. Also fitted the car with LED lights for night drifting. Now maybe I will search the forums later for advice on a servo upgrade. But otherwise it's good as is completely stock with brushed motor. It drifts fine, I don't need to tune it for racing, and I don't break it every time I bash like I do with my off road cars. So although I use my drift more then any of my RC cars (almost daily since its fun at night), I don't post here often. But I am looking for a better faster drifter so maybe I will post later for advice on a new car (thinking maybe Xray TT01).
Old 06-23-2008, 04:35 AM
TIGER76

Dont think its dieing down its just getting more mainstream now like at events and clubs etc most people drift on there own or a group of friends and dont visit the events i think.
Alot of my friends have changed there cars back for speed so its not fun drifting on ur own so ive remodded mine back for speed again to do some racing
Old 06-23-2008, 09:06 AM
rotor head33

yea i tricked out my chasis then ended up goin back to off road nitro racin so i dont know mayb just the forums are dyin down and more people are shuttin up and drivin
Old 06-23-2008, 04:07 PM
GTB

I think its all the Newbs posting the same question 10 times over and its driving people crazy.[8D]
Old 06-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: GTB

I think its all the Newbs posting the same question 10 times over and its driving people crazy.[8D]
LL
Old 06-24-2008, 09:01 PM
rotor head33

ORIGINAL: GTB

ohhhhhhh how i do agree kudos on that one hahaha
Old 06-25-2008, 03:52 AM
TheTruckingGuru

Maybe they are but what else can be asked about drifting?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Aries326

I think people come to the forums for the most part to get their questions answered then take off. Then there are more "major" forums out there than before. It sorta waters down the population. Also, with rc drifting more popular than before, people hang out less at the forums to help out with the hobby...
Old 07-30-2008, 12:15 AM
magnat

except me... Its Getting too cold down under to slide... or else I would be back out there..

If you need help sliding don't hesitate to ask !!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 01:27 AM
jonesy401

There are heaps of ppl drifting here in Oz. I think, maybe like me, they tend to stick to thier local forums and just come here to have a look at wot the rest of the world is doing and maybe dont post as much as on our local boards.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:30 AM
macscac

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

can you post some of them please?
thanks
Old 07-30-2008, 02:52 AM
nickteamlosi24

DRCcentral, drifter central, groovydrift, those are the Big ones
Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Fr33ze

Drifting will never die off!

Just as stated b4, drift setups are simple. Once you got it right, its hard to mess it up. No need to chat bout it...

The only thing I could come up with is how to drift faster. What can we do to make the car hook up a little better to go faster.

I bounce back and forth between electric and nitro drift. electric is more technical, tight corners, short tracks, and competition is larger. Nitro is on the edge, wicked fast with more emphsis on controlling your speed rather then getting in tight to the cones. And the smoke from a richly tuned carb makes it more realistic!

Im taking my GS storm and converting it to use road slicks and I'm gonna drift it too, lol.

Cheers!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:48 AM
kurtz

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

What he said. I have found this forum is a good place to get started in finding out about something specific, like drifting or crawler and stuff like that. Then once I decide I am interested I find dedicated forums for that subject with more activity.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:31 AM
macscac

Im trying to join the groovydrift forum but it wants a VIP code.
it says its at the bottom of the home page but all i see is a 9876 and that doesnt work?