Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

rwd drifting

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 07:03 PM
SIRCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rwd drifting

ORIGINAL: joeyblaze

using a Gyro or D box is cheating and wack.....
you dont need to lock your diff's unless it's a tt-01. tt-01 needs a spool or lock diff to drift perfectlly you cant hold the angle for long, we basically agree drift box helps you drift it does not drift for you and as for the E-THUG statement you got it wrong

whats clear is that this conversation is gettin of the topic i say rwd drifting is imposible prove me wrong. and yes i have seen you drift you are pretty good but your car was not a rwd drifting car
Old 07-18-2009, 10:21 PM
AusDrifter18

well since my TC5 crashed on tuesday and now is two wheel drive in its own way ill test this out... damn CVD pins... 2 snapped like breadsticks grip racing
Old 07-29-2009, 03:35 AM
LooCipher

I've tried this with a TT01 with NOdbox (because that's cheating)and it's a f*****g nightmare.

Someone has quoted power to weight ratio in this thread already, but the fact is the car is just way too light because it is 1/10, and once you've weighed it down you lose all the performance anyway.

You say you want RWD because it's closed to the real thing...........but don't forget real drifting at about 50mph = 5mph in 1/10 - not exactly exciting............

So, learn from my experiment and don't bother - it's just no fun with no speed and no control!

Hope this helps in some way, but good luck if you can try it and make it work!!

ORIGINAL: 13BT

Is anyone here skilled enough to drift 2wd? Does anyone drift 2wd with the help of a gyro?

I just think its more "authentic" to drift with rc 2wd if the fullsize is 2wd.

rx7
ae86
silvia
180sx
soarer
supra
etc,etc..

You get the drift.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:20 AM
ELK

i was watching hot import nights and this guy was drifting a fwd car
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 PM
joeyblaze

you can drift any car with 4 wheels, RWD, FWD, AWD, some are just easier to contorl and substain a drift with.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Mufasa_719

For all you out the saying the D-box or gyro is cheating and wack and what not, remember the rc drifting is where it is couse of it. I am going to get one to help me learn. when I get used to it bye bye and I will do it on my own,.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:18 PM
joeyblaze

For all you out the saying the D-box or gyro is cheating and wack and what not, remember the rc drifting is where it is couse of it. I am going to get one to help me learn. when I get used to it bye bye and I will do it on my own,.
not sure what you mean by this are you implying that RC drifting has advanced due to the D box? i really hope your not. The D box is just a nice name for a gyro, soething HPI created to allow any one with a pulse to be able to pick up the remote and drift. just another gimic to make money. IMHO they are CHEATING and WACK. it takes all the needed skill and ability out of the picture. If you use a D box you will not learn at all as it is drifitng for ya, sure they sell it as you can down grade the level but its all the same. Be a man and learn how to drift with out some stupid computer doing it for ya

Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 AM
HomeDawwg

you can drift any car with 4 wheels, RWD, FWD, AWD, some are just easier to contorl and substain a drift with.

Ah no, "drifting" a FWD car is definitely not drifting. Its just throwing the car into a corner and rippin the handbrake, id like to see a FWD link up a whole track while keeping the wheels spinning. Guess what...it cant be done
Old 08-05-2009, 04:41 PM
joeyblaze

ORIGINAL: HomeDawwg

Ah no, ''drifting'' a FWD car is definitely not drifting. Its just throwing the car into a corner and rippin the handbrake, id like to see a FWD link up a whole track while keeping the wheels spinning. Guess what...it cant be done
drifting is just a term for the act of getting a car sideways in a turn, any car can do this. This does not mean a FWD can truly be a drifter, or be competitive at the sport of drifting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMQkMvRG3I
is this the drifitng rear wheels smoking that we are used to no, is it getting a car sideways into a corner maintaining angle and hitting clipping points yes… it is gay…hell yeah lol…
Old 08-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Mufasa_719

not sure what you mean by this are you implying that RC drifting has advanced due to the D box? i really hope your not. The D box is just a nice name for a gyro, soething HPI created to allow any one with a pulse to be able to pick up the remote and drift. just another gimic to make money. IMHO they are CHEATING and WACK. it takes all the needed skill and ability out of the picture. If you use a D box you will not learn at all as it is drifitng for ya, sure they sell it as you can down grade the level but its all the same. Be a man and learn how to drift with out some stupid computer doing it for ya

No, I am just saying it has helped get more people in to it. Thats all. After I finily got some drift time I decided not to get one. I am starting to get the hang of it and the box would be a wast of money.