Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Bad Rep at hobbyking???

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Damon--

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Rep at hobbyking???

I keep seeing comments like these mixed in with the happy ones a hobbyking:

"I ordered 4 of these. 3 are good one has a bad cell and will not stay balanced."
"I ordered 3 of these. 1 is good but 2 one has a bad cell and will not stay balanced ! 1.2v for cell !! and antoher has 4.58v for cell"
"I ordered 4 Nos. One battery is good and the order 3 nos dose not balance"
"I bought 4 of these and one came bad."
"1 of the 5000mah 11.1v packs arived with a puffed cell, and i have not been able to use them. Didnt try to send it back due to shipping cost."

What has been your guys' experience with hobbyking? Anything arrived damaged, or unusable? I'm just a bit worried. :P
Old 10-14-2010, 07:12 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Bad Rep at hobbyking???

I've ordered 100's of packs from them and never had a single one fail. Never had a reason to use their return process
Old 10-14-2010, 07:17 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

I have had awesome luck, I have ordered six 2s packs and have not had any issues with any of them.  Great prices too, I wouldn't let a few others steer you away from the great prices.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:43 AM
HugYourRC

I thought the same thing so I ordered 2 packs and waited. And I have been waiting for over 1-1/2 years for my order. No packs yet.I used to be upset about it, but now I Iaugh.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:12 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

ORIGINAL: HugYourRC

I thought the same thing so I ordered 2 packs and waited. And I have been waiting for over 1-1/2 years for my order. No packs yet.I used to be upset about it, but now I Iaugh.
Why didn't you file a claim to get your money back? It just doesn't add up.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:55 AM
GravityJunkie

I've got a pack or two that gets itself a little more otta balance than the other HK packs I have. Nothing major. And it's only been my 5s packs. All my 2s packs have been fine. I also have never used the return service.

Look at it this way, you can order 3 or more packs for the price of many packs out there. IF one is bad, you're still ahead. They also now have a USA warehouse, which may things easier for the US based folks.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
HugYourRC

I inquired and was told to wait, the packs were out of stock and I forgot about them for awhile.  Months later I remembered and inquired again, they said they had no record of the sale.  
Old 10-14-2010, 11:12 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

You see

Sure, you MIGHT get ONE bad pack out of a batch of ten.

But that's ok when you're paying less for 4 packs shipped from Hong Kong than you do for one pack from an American supplier that just relabels the same stuff.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Slo-V Flyer

I inquired and was told to wait, the packs were out of stock and I forgot about them for awhile. Months later I remembered and inquired again, they said they had no record of the sale.
OMG... that's insane. You don't have a digital copy of their email receipt/acknowledgment of the transaction? There is no way they can just say "no record" and you sit put. I've ordered 3-4 different times from them, over a two years, and did not have any mishaps/defective items arrive (knock on wood and all that). There is always an initial email from them confirming your order etc., and something from Paypal, or heck, go look at your credit card receipt/bank statement/online and show them THAT where it has their name on it and dollar amount...

It's worth a try.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Redvanmafia

Ive ordered 2 batterys from them, both came with balanced cells, in good shape and have lasted me a long time with no problems. Im in ontario and i beleive it came from china thats a very long way and no problems even from banging around during shipping, Was packaged well to.

I never used to buy anything online thinking i was gonna get scamed, but if you buy from a reptible place like hobbyking, or hobbypartz.com they use pay pal, so theres not much to worry about, your source of payment is incripted and all that good stuff, somebody got a hold of my brothers credit card and started spending huge bucks 500-600$ just in town ive spent over 1000 bucks on the internet and ive never had that problem.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:20 PM
genitor

I have bought six lipos, a charger, two motors, an esc and other miscellaneous items with never a problem with shipping or quality of the items.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've bought 2 chargers, 5 lipos, 2 brushless motors (one out runner for an airplane), brushless ESC (for airplane), 4 airplane servos, 6 channel 2.4ghz radio, and a 15A 14v power supply (ok this had a minor defect I read about prior, they stopped carrying it since, but it works beautiful after applying the fix that was in the comments)
No complaints about any of the things. The power supply like I said I knew about its issue, and fix prior to purchase couldn't beat it for $20 even with its issue (fan never kicks in had to wire it to the 14v bus)

They also have records of all my purchases from over a year ago
I will say sometimes it takes them awhile to get all the stuff in stock, but I've not had any issues with waiting excessively.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:15 PM
HugYourRC

ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer
OMG... that's insane. You don't have a digital copy of their email receipt/acknowledgment of the transaction? There is no way they can just say "no record" and you sit put. I've ordered 3-4 different times from them, over a two years, and did not have any mishaps/defective items arrive (knock on wood and all that). There is always an initial email from them confirming your order etc., and something from Paypal, or heck, go look at your credit card receipt/bank statement/online and show them THAT where it has their name on it and dollar amount...

It's worth a try.
Ihad the CC bill, but HK was in denial and after awhile Ijust gave up as itjust becamenot worth it any longer. Itwas only acouple of small packs and not that much money, but it was definitely a lesson learned.It has been nearly two years since the order was placed and I am not angry with them at all, however I won't be ordering anymore packs from there no matter how many people reportgood experiences.
ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

You see

But that's ok when you're paying less for 4 packs shipped from Hong Kong than you do for one pack from an American supplier that just relabels the same stuff.
First of all you don't know for certain they are the same "stuff" relabeled and in fact Iknow they are not the same because the packs have significantly different physical dimensions. Second, the price is not always 4 times more for some domestic companies. Actually when buying just a pack or two as I was, sometimes thepricing can bekind of close.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

I broke a charger I bought from them, sent it back (only $6 shipping) and after a month they sent a new one over.
All the batteries I've gotten have worked great, had 3 for over a year now. ordered about 10 batts from them in total.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:48 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

I ordered a couple packs from the close to a year ago and they are still fine; just placed an order from their USA warehouse.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:22 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

You see

First of all you don't know for certain they are the same ''stuff'' relabeled and in fact I know they are not the same because the packs have significantly different physical dimensions. Second, the price is not always 4 times more for some domestic companies. Actually when buying just a pack or two as I was, sometimes the pricing can be kind of close.
Calm down bro.

Just sayin'.

ThunderbirdJunkie has Orion hardcased lipos and Zippy hardcased lipos, they both use the same exact dimensions of the packs.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:51 PM
HugYourRC

"Calm down." Over what?I was just replying to your comment that they were the "same stuff". OK?And even if your Orions are the same case dimensions as the Zippy cases, it still does not mean they are the same callsinside and it certainly does not mean all packs are the "same stuff".

I am not being argumentative nor am I upset at all, OK bro?

You see

First of all you don't know for certain they are the same ''stuff'' relabeled and in fact Iknow they are not the same because the packs have significantly different physical dimensions. Second, the price is not always 4 times more for some domestic companies. Actually when buying just a pack or two as I was, sometimes thepricing can bekind of close.
Calm down bro.

Just sayin'.

ThunderbirdJunkie has Orion hardcased lipos and Zippy hardcased lipos, they both use the same exact dimensions of the packs.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:32 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Hk is great except for the wait ! Even when I pay with ems shipping it is still 2 weeks.

I use hobbypartz alot more often now than i do HK because ..

A. free shipping or $5.00 shipping at worst
B. Ace pow batteries
C. Hobby Wing ESC
D. Tacon motors . Real deal guys check them out.
F. Flysky radios
G. Chargers galore

The only thing I ever get anymore from HK is xt-60 connectors,various connectors, heat shrink and bluebird servos.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 PM
inteva6184

I ordered 4 4s packs all are great and 3 3s packs also all work great.  Pretty fast shipping too.  I would buy from them again in a minute.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Damon--

Thanks everyone, going to order 2 ZIPPY Fligthmax 5800 mAh batteries. Such better value than maxamps!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:32 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: mc4798

Hk is great except for the wait ! Even when I pay with ems shipping it is still 2 weeks.

I use hobbypartz alot more often now than i do HK because ..

A. free shipping or $5.00 shipping at worst
B. Ace pow batteries
C. Hobby Wing ESC
D. Tacon motors . Real deal guys check them out.
F. Flysky radios
G. Chargers galore

The only thing I ever get anymore from HK is xt-60 connectors,various connectors, heat shrink and bluebird servos.
Only thing with hobbypartz is when they go out of stock its for a LONG time. Their shipping is good and fast though for free.
excuse me while I install my new HW esc that I just got from them
Old 10-14-2010, 07:06 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Excuse ThunderbirdJunkie while he plugs his MM into his computer and it only cost $6 more than his 60a HW ESC
Old 10-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I have ordered about 20 lipos of various sizes and configs from hobbyking... 1800 2S-4S zippys, 5000mAh 2C-4C zippys and turnigy soft and hardcase packs.

Out of all of the packs, one cell in one of my hardcase Flightmax packs died and I have puffed one 1800 3S. Otherwise perfect.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Excuse ThunderbirdJunkie while he plugs his MM into his computer and it only cost $6 more than his 60a HW ESC
LOL

Well excuse me as I go screaming past you with a 60a xe-run and turbo software. While using a 10.5tsensored motor.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:24 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

NP it was a 35A for a mini revo anyways
You reminded me I still need another 60A HW though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.