Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 03:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL?

Anybody who doubts that a Factory Team Associated anything is worth the money needs to buy one.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Krazy Chicken

i just hope they came up with a solution to the center drive shaft problem of getting clogged up.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:57 PM
mufflerbearing

Wow, the traxxas haters are out in full force tonight.

I personally think it's cool. You guys are complaining about the price, but it's BL, 2.4GHZ, and 4x4 AND doesn't need 2 batteries like most MTs.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:00 PM
mufflerbearing

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Anybody who doubts that a Factory Team Associated anything is worth the money needs to buy one.
No thanks, I need a bomb proof basher truck that I can get parts for everywhere. Exactly what traxxas makes.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:05 PM
ScottStaypuff

It'll be $350 six months after release, then uses a Tower Discount...

The closest competition IMO is the Savage 2350 which is $500 and is a bigger/beefier truck all around but comes with an AM radio and needs 2x the batteries. So the Stampede 4x4 VXL carves a nice little niche for itself...
Old 10-21-2010, 08:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well at least they didn't slap a pede body on a revo and call it the pede 4X4
Like they did with the mini pede... err I mean mini summit [sm=lol.gif]
Old 10-21-2010, 08:14 PM
mufflerbearing

ORIGINAL: ScottStaypuff

The closest competition IMO is the Savage 2350 which is $500 and is a bigger/beefier truck all around but comes with an AM radio and needs 2x the batteries. So the Stampede 4x4 VXL carves a nice little niche for itself...
I doubt it will be 350 anywhere in the near future. The slash 4x4 costs 399 and it is based off the slash 4x4.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:21 PM
ScottStaypuff

ORIGINAL: mufflerbearing

ORIGINAL: ScottStaypuff

I doubt it will be 350 anywhere in the near future. The slash 4x4 costs 399 and it is based off the slash 4x4.

Slash 4x4 was $399 when it first came out and is now $370 at Tower. If you use the Tower Super Saver code you get it for $310 and free shipping. TRUST me the Stampede 4x4 VXL will end up selling for the same or perhaps a bit less within a year of release. It all depends on how popular it is.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:27 PM
mufflerbearing

Didn't realize that the slash 4x4 costs 370 now. Thought it still was at 399.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:15 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer

ORIGINAL: cumquat

slo, get your facts straight. thats $250 for the BL version, the brushed is $205 on tower.
Well, I stand corrected. However, this is more of a recent price drop compared to past history. Just a few years ago maybe 3-4, the RTR brushed T4 was $249-$269, as well as the factory kit (which meant $100-$200+ more for radio and esc/motor).
oh crap, i didnt realize how much of a jerk that post made me look. you should never post when you have been awake for 23 hours straight.
i actually remember them being that high a couple years ago shortly before the slash came out. to be fair though, most rustlers and stampedes had a few hundred dropped in integy back then () so prices matched.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:06 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

No thanks, I need a bomb proof basher truck that I can get parts for everywhere. Exactly what traxxas makes.
It's funny that you say that, because all the Slashes break at ThunderbirdJunkie's track, but ThunderbirdJunkie's SC10 doesn't break during racing or bashing.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:37 AM
cumquat

It's funny that you say that, because all the Slashes break at ThunderbirdJunkie's track, but ThunderbirdJunkie's SC10 doesn't break during racing or bashing.
with the exception of the extreme steering mod you did a month or 2 ago
Old 10-22-2010, 01:31 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Yo, that wasn't now[&:]

And that was the top secret VCCASCWOTF mod
Old 10-22-2010, 07:50 AM
J.D.T

ORIGINAL: cumquat

wait, the pede is finally a real monster truck!?! holy crap! maybe the world actually will end in 2012...
that one caught me of gaurd, good stuff
I agree that at $399 it will be a tough sell considering my LHS has emaxxes at that price most of the time but 4 x 4 slashes are going out higher than that with little problem so I'm sure they'll sell enough of them, as tbj mentioned is about 15 years after people started asking for it. When the slash 4wd came out I said I won't get one until its a $169 kit, they still ain't got that to market LOL. Fleabayers will be parting them and everyone that don't want the traxxas electronics can buy rollers and spairs so everyone will get there way
Old 10-22-2010, 08:03 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

traxxas should make a solid axle monster truck that would be cool.
or a 1/5 scale brushless onroad. either would make me happy to see.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:17 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder how hot that vxl motor will run on 3s?
Old 10-22-2010, 08:50 AM
topdogg11

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

yea I see what took so long to make they had to figure out how to mount the old pedes body posts on the slash 4X4 WITH the talons & pedes shocks to call it a new RC [&:]
That sure must have taken them all 10 months since the slash came out to design, which some people did within 10 minutes of owning the slash
You have no idea about ANY of the specifications and actual design of the truck, yet you run your mouth talking smack as if you are part of the engineering and design team at Traxxas. Go take a hike you big mouth knucklehead.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:52 AM
etc

What is the release date for this? I am about to pull the trigger on buying my first truck. I was going to go with a brushed e-maxx and then maybe down the road upgrade it to brushless. A 4x4 brushless stampede is very interesting for me and wondering now if I should wait for this.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:56 AM
topdogg11

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

Traxxas is the Wal-Mart of the RC community. Crap loads of cheap of american designed, chinese made RC products sold for a low price point with tons of marketing that excites and convinces everyone to buy their products that are at best, decent as a jack of all trades and good at none of them with substandard product quality.
What a knucklehead!! And your brand of choice in the RC world manufactures all of their parts in the USA, right?! And, "Substandard product quality", eh?? I guess thats why everyone can bash MERCILOUSLY on their Traxxas trucks while the rest break over the first jump on the race track. Yea EINSTEIN, give us some more of your great and majestic wisedom great worshippful MASTER. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Knucklehead.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:05 AM
topdogg11

*** $399 street price? Get outta here. The Emaxx is bigger and cheaper even if it is brushed... I just don't get these prices, the Slash 4x4 and Pede 4x4...among other things.

Next item on the list, 1/10th Rally 4x4! Based on the proven Slash 4x4 chassis! Complete with a fugly hothatch body!

OK so enough bashing already. Geez it seems like anytime any company comes out with something new (even if it is an old design etc) people just can't help taking pot shots at them instead of appreciating what it offers, even if it is not the newest coolest thing since gold pan chassis toy I mean RC10's. However, the fact that folks have been asking for Pede 4x4 since I can remember from hmm when I've been into R/C in 2003, yah I'd say there they deserve a slap on the wrist for taking forever. And now again with the Slash bandwagon, they just had to release the Slash 4x4 then a year later the Pede 4x4, instead of a Pede 4x4 like 5 years sooner.
Do you ever stop WHINNING? Like a little girl you cry and moan in every post you make. Maybe your panties are too tight or something. Maybe try wearing your boyfriends boxers or something you little whinning girl.

Stop your B*TCHIN'.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:09 AM
topdogg11

Yea if you have any doubts that they do not break a part within the first 3 battery packs of usage, then get one and find out for yourselves. If you are LUCKY, I mean REEEEAAALY LUCKY, you may get 4 packs out of one before they break. BWHAHAHAHAHA.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Slo-V Flyer

ORIGINAL: topdogg11

Do you ever stop WHINNING? Like a little girl you cry and moan in every post you make. Maybe your panties are too tight or something. Maybe try wearing your boyfriends boxers or something you little whinning girl.

Stop your B*TCHIN'.

Do you ever stop whining? Like a little brat you just can't help yourself cry out every time you run your mouth about anything or anyone's post that you don't read all the way through or don't agree with. I think your shrunken underwear's on too tight, but not only that, I think your boyfriend's dentures are stuck somewhere there, might want to change.

Stop your TROLLIN'.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:12 AM
topdogg11

Wow, the traxxas haters are out in full force tonight.

I personally think it's cool. You guys are complaining about the price, but it's BL, 2.4GHZ, and 4x4 AND doesn't need 2 batteries like most MTs.
Yes its something, aint it?? Its ONLY on RCUniverse where the haters assemble because the members here are PISSED OFF, BITTEROLDMENwho are unhappy with anything besides Losi and Team Associated getting any type of attention. Poor old bitter men PLEASE go change your adult diapers!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:15 AM
topdogg11

ORIGINAL: topdogg11

Stop your B*TCHIN'.

Do you ever stop whining? Like a little brat you just can't help yourself cry out every time you run your mouth about anything or anyone's post that you don't read all the way through or don't agree with. I think your shrunken underwear's on too tight, but not only that, I think your boyfriend's dentures are stuck somewhere there, might want to change.

Stop your TROLLIN'.
Are you STILLWHINNINGyou little girl? Let me give you a tissue and a comfy blanket for you to curl up in. *SNIFF, SNIFF* oh you poor little thing.

Didnt I tell you to change your panties you little B*TCH. BWAHAHAHAHAHAH, B*TCH.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:23 AM
topdogg11

DINGDINGDING, tell 'em what he won, JOHNNY!!!

Bingo, mufflerbearing your post is very refreshing and ACCURATE!! Well done!!

Thats why some of us here do run Traxxas, ya know, the brand that most of the hating old men and confused whinning little girls here talk nonsense about talking all the time about saying that Traxxas has cheap parts and no quality yet thats why youtube has nothing but TRAXXAS trucks when you search the word BASH!! Most people try to break them yet FAIL to do so. Try that with a Losi or Team ASSociated you fanboys!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.