Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Ezrun 60a esc and tacon 4420kv motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 12:48 PM
J.D.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ezrun 60a esc and tacon 4420kv motor

the 60a is the esc rating for constant, depending on the guts its going to have a burst rating 50-200% higher than that typically so a motor with a 80 amp draw would be fine as long as your battery can handle it and you can find the right gearing for your driving style, this is a 2s motor for sure, on 3s you can bet its gonna be fast and uncontrollable but it'll get hot pretty quick no matter the gearing.
the 540 rotor hype again LOL, a good 28 x 57 will put a whoopin on a cheapo 36 x 50, the size of the rotor makes a difference for sure, the length plays an important part also, then you add in resistance which is related to materials and manufacturing which relates to efficiency and before you know it the "little rotor" motor is superior across the board.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:06 PM
jar20635
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ezrun 60a esc and tacon 4420kv motor

I have that same combination on my Rustler and is way fast on 3s. I mostly use 2s and I can run for ten minutes non stop without problems.