Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

switching to lipos???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 05:08 PM
res3567

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: switching to lipos???

Dude....chilll....it is over. I was trying to help out the op and you want to be NARROW MINDED about it....you aint worth my time......
ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

ORIGINAL: res3567
Ha....you had to call me a hypicrite BEFORE you left the OP a reply.
And?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:28 PM
rc awesome

Newbes coming into RCU should be greeted with open arms......I don't know the answer to the OP's question....but the newbes TO THE FORUMshould not BE TOLD TO LOOK AROUND BEFORE ASKING QUETIONS!

This guy isn't a newb. Says that he has been on this fourm since 2009.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:31 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

Do a search before asking?

And res, why stick up like you are dating the op? Save the advice on HOW and WHAT to post for the mods, youre no higher up or "holier" than any of us. Chill

Ok AUTOMAN....YOUR REPLY TO THE OP???????
ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

If you don't want to helpthe OP....then don't post ANYTHING!
Every time I get on this electric trucks buggys ect I see a thread about lipos. Which lipo should I get? How many mAH? It gets old. Just like the nitro vs electric threads. Res, dude you really need to calm down.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:35 PM
res3567

Already there..........got a little passionate....now it is over.........
Old 02-27-2011, 08:06 PM
MinnSpin
My Feedback: (40)

Newbes coming into RCU should be greeted with open arms......I don't know the answer to the OP's question....but the newbes TO THE FORUMshould not BE TOLD TO LOOK AROUND BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

Right on!

Old 02-28-2011, 12:02 AM
AdamW

FORGETLipos, go with LIFEPO4 packs!!!!!

Lipos are dangerous!!!!!!!!! Do you know just how MANY perople have had their HOMES, sheds, garages, automobiles, and RC vehicles BURN TO THE GROUND because of Lipo batteries VIOLENTLY ERRUPTING INTO HUGE AND SUDDEN BALLS OF FIRE?? Seriously!!

Research this online and you will see that despite what the "Lipo battery engineers" ( /SARCASM EXTREME) here on this forum all try to say in desperation to keep this quiet and hidden, they are DANGEROUS.

How can people here with kids even let these fire-bombs be in their home or garages, autos, sheds, etc with their children around it or sleeping in a home with Lipo packs in them?? Clearly irresponsible parents here for sure...

Shame on you.

SHAME!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:15 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: AdamW

FORGET NiMhs, go with NiCd packs!!!!!

NiMhs are dangerous!!!!!!!!! Do you know just how MANY perople have had their HOMES, sheds, garages, automobiles, and RC vehicles BURN TO THE GROUND because of NiMh batteries VIOLENTLY ERRUPTING INTO HUGE AND SUDDEN BALLS OF FIRE?? Seriously!!

Research this online and you will see that despite what the ''NiMh battery engineers'' ( /SARCASM EXTREME) here on this forum all try to say in desperation to keep this quiet and hidden, they are DANGEROUS.

How can people here with kids even let these fire-bombs be in their home or garages, autos, sheds, etc with their children around it or sleeping in a home with NiMh packs in them?? Clearly irresponsible parents here for sure...

Shame on you.

SHAME!!!
ThunderbirdJunkie edited the post above to reflect sentiment circa 2000ish.

Adam, do you have a laptop? How about a cell phone?

You are ignorant. LifePO4 offers no advantage over LiPo.

ThunderbirdJunkie will lol heartily if the lead-acid battery in your real car catches fire.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:20 AM
AdamW

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

FORGETNiMhs, go with NiCd packs!!!!!

NiMhs are dangerous!!!!!!!!! Do you know just how MANY perople have had their HOMES, sheds, garages, automobiles, and RC vehicles BURN TO THE GROUND because of NiMh batteries VIOLENTLY ERRUPTING INTO HUGE AND SUDDEN BALLS OF FIRE?? Seriously!!

Research this online and you will see that despite what the ''NiMh battery engineers'' ( /SARCASM EXTREME) here on this forum all try to say in desperation to keep this quiet and hidden, they are DANGEROUS.

How can people here with kids even let these fire-bombs be in their home or garages, autos, sheds, etc with their children around it or sleeping in a home with NiMh packs in them?? Clearly irresponsible parents here for sure...

Shame on you.

SHAME!!!
ThunderbirdJunkie edited the post above to reflect sentiment circa 2000ish.

Adam, do you have a laptop? How about a cell phone?

You are ignorant. LifePO4 offers no advantage over LiPo.

ThunderbirdJunkie will lol heartily if the lead-acid battery in your real car catches fire.
You TBJ are the IGNORANTone as you clearly have NOKNOWLEDGEor CLUE of batteries do you?? Must I HUMILIATEyou here and SCHOOLyou on the differance between Lithium Poly batteries and Litium Ion batteries??

Eh TBJ, what will it be sir??

AdamW likes to give spankings so admit that you have no clue or suffer defeat.

In addition, you have a problem reading as NOWHERE did I type that LIFEPO has advantages over Lipo other than my suggestion of Lipos being dangerous such as erupting into HUGE balls of flames like fire-bombs burnig peoples homes to the ground.

Learn to read, and know your facts before posting nonsense.

Geeze!!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:21 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Go ahead and try to spread your ignorance.

ThunderbirdJunkie will sit here and wait while you browse wikipedia.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:24 AM
AdamW

Go ahead and try to spread your ignorance.

ThunderbirdJunkie will sit here and wait while you browse wikipedia.
Eh, thats what I expected, LOL.

You had NO CLUE that there are CLEAR and HUGE differances in the two battery types, eh? I dont need elementary Wiki to explain this to you as you didnt even KNOW a KINDERGARTEN-level differance between Laptop batteries and RC batteries!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:25 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Actually, you don't know how similar they are, obviously. Li-Ion is largely the same and does the same things when overcharged/overdischarged/overheated.

So, whatever floats your boat, homeboy. Go ahead and copy/paste from Wikipedia. Do it.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:29 AM
AdamW

Actually, you don't know how similar they are, obviously. Li-Ion is largely the same and does the same things when overcharged/overdischarged/overheated.

So, whatever floats your boat, homeboy. Go ahead and copy/paste from Wikipedia. Do it.
Thats clearly irresposible of you to spread a flat-out lie to folks here, especially newbies who read here

Hopefully the next person whose home burns to the ground gets a GOOD LAWYER and finds a way to SUE YOUR REAR for spewing this irresponsible misinfo here about this dangerous FIRE-BOMB of a battery technology all because you want to have them in your little toy trucks.

IP addresses can be retreived, with the ISP forced to reveal the identity of people posting posts who defend and recommend dangerous FIRE-BOMBS to others ESPECIALLY children...

You are an irresponsible adult child...

Old 02-28-2011, 12:36 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Thats clearly irresposible of you to spread a flat-out lie to folks here, especially newbies who read here

Hopefully the next person whose home burns to the ground gets a GOOD LAWYER and finds a way to SUE YOUR REAR for spewing this irresponsible misinfo here about this dangerous FIRE-BOMB of a battery technology all because you want to have them in your little toy trucks.

IP addresses can be retreived for this purpose with the ISP forced to reveal such dangerous posters for court cases who go around defending FIRE-BOMBS to children...

You are an irresponsible adult child.
Hahahaha you should burn down your house by using a LiPo irresponsibly and sue ThunderbirdJunkie.

Seriously, do it!

SAME ON YOU!!!
[&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]
Old 02-28-2011, 04:52 AM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

and people wonder why this site is dying off for good info,,dam just look and read how people are treated.just my two cents
Old 02-28-2011, 04:54 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Dude, quit trolling and startin ish with people. TBJ speaks the truth, LiPo is actually pretty safe if you know what you are doing and do research on how to do it. They are NOT idiot-proof, but to screw something up so simple as a battery, it speaks little of your intelligence. LiPo is the same battery found in laptops, cell phones, etc etc. What I would like to know, Adam, is why youve got it so bad for TBJ. Im starting to notice how much you follow him around and single him out. TBJ Give him a P.O. box so he can send you flowers and chocolates and get it out of his system.....

IP addresses can be retreived, with the ISP forced to reveal the identity of people posting posts who defend and recommend dangerous FIRE-BOMBS to others ESPECIALLY children...

And the rest of you sticking up for the "new" OP, youre right. Maybe if we convinced them to take down that bothersome search bar we would have more server room and bandwidth for all the "What this" and "What that" and so-on, and so-on, and so-on. God knows three a day is never enough

Old 02-28-2011, 05:19 AM
The Hedgehog

You have to be an idiot to screw up lipos. Hell last night I shorted one out because I had a migraine and wasn't paying attention. A good 3 seconds. Used it 10 minutes later. I mean The only way I have ever been able to ruin a lipo (I own over 40), is by puncturing it.

Adam W must be stuck in the year 2002 [&:]

With today's chargers and such, it is very difficult to have one blow due to user error. Almost all chargers are plug and play right now.

I am more scared of the NiMH shrapnel than lipo fires TBH
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 PM
res3567

Well Himmler....seems I aint the only one to get passionate on this thread......hmmmmmm........I agree with you and TBJ......I balanceddischarged my 7.4 5000 40cIntergy last night ...without any issues.....then I recharged them at 1c....THE PACK NEVER GOT HOT! I tested it today on my Tamyia Frog....and grins a giggles once again on this great technology! ...MY DISCLAIMER......YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BALANCE AND WATCH THE PACKS WHILE CHARGING!
ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

Dude, quit trolling and startin ish with people. TBJ speaks the truth, LiPo is actually pretty safe if you know what you are doing and do research on how to do it. They are NOT idiot-proof, but to screw something up so simple as a battery, it speaks little of your intelligence. LiPo is the same battery found in laptops, cell phones, etc etc. What I would like to know, Adam, is why youve got it so bad for TBJ. Im starting to notice how much you follow him around and single him out. TBJ Give him a P.O. box so he can send you flowers and chocolates and get it out of his system.....

And the rest of you sticking up for the "new" OP, youre right. Maybe if we convinced them to take down that bothersome search bar we would have more server room and bandwidth for all the "What this" and "What that" and so-on, and so-on, and so-on. God knows three a day is never enough

Old 02-28-2011, 06:18 PM
res3567

YO Adam.......CHILL!!!!!.....I was told to earlier in the thread now I am telling you. It aint that serious and like TBJ and Himmler said.......Lipo tech has been here for quite some time and it is in the hands of the owner to take responsability and be safe. THEY REALLY ARE NOT THAT DANGEROUS IF YOU CHARGE AND WATCH THEM CORRECTLY!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't let this scare you away from lipo, these arguments happen every now and then by people who don't even own lipos and try scaring people from them. And as far of i've seen, the lipo supporters always win 
Old 02-28-2011, 09:30 PM
XXT-CRer

i thought this might be of interest (or not).

i have been researching switching to lipos for some time now, more so with the way lipo prices have seemingly been dropping.

i wasnt even on this site, but at my google home page and searched "switching to lipos" and got this:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=switching+to+lipos

the bickering about forum etiquette to lipo info ratio is 3 to 1.

sometimes searching is the way to go, but not always. it largely depends on whos lurking at the time.

to those that took the time to post actual lipo info,,,, thankyou.