Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What do you think....easy fix?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 03:07 AM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do you think....easy fix?

Just got this battery for cheap in hopes that it is an easy fix. I have a ton of experience soldering , but no experience taking a hard case lipo apart. Is there anything I should be aware of before doing this?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ec87551.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	1596100  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:09 AM
hchia25
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you think....easy fix?

don't short is out and be sure if to have a quick exit outside in case the lipo catches on fire
Old 04-19-2011, 04:45 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just pry the case apart slowly
I've completely dismantled a soft case (un-bonded the cells from each other and all) and it wasn't that hard taking a hardcase apart IMO would be easier

Afterwards wither take heat shrink tube, and put it over the case, and warm it up to hold the case together, or use some tape (heat shrink tubes best option)
Old 04-21-2011, 01:33 PM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SyCo_VeNoM, I got the wire soldered on the tap without a problem however the case won't snap back together. I have electrical tape on it for now , but I would like to put heat shrink on. Do you know where to get stuff big enough?
Old 04-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Captain Rusty

Electrical wholesalers have shrink that is huge! The wholesaler I use stocks tube over 2 inches, go to one and load up, Rubber tape might be handier in this application, once again you can pick it up from an electrical wholesaler, possibly a hardware store. Its used to taping the crimps on overhead services so it stands up to the weather and you can wrap your square battery alot tighter than round shrink tube. Just a suggestion

ORIGINAL: crazy nick

SyCo_VeNoM, I got the wire soldered on the tap without a problem however the case won't snap back together. I have electrical tape on it for now , but I would like to put heat shrink on. Do you know where to get stuff big enough?
Old 04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UClcOe8bmAA

the lug
Old 04-21-2011, 05:16 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: crazy nick

I bought some a long time ago from my LHS that is for making battery packs when I was trying to fix one of my NiMh's. I'm sure other hobby shops sell it/