Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

TRAXXAS SLASH 4X4 LIPO PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:39 PM
jeepkid12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRAXXAS SLASH 4X4 LIPO PROBLEM

HELLO,
I am having some problems with my slash 4x4, ive been using venom 11.1v 4000mah lipos in it for a while, i make sure the low voltage is always on, green light, whenever i use lipos and take good care of them. But the other day when i went to use it with the lipo, the car wouldnt turn on, i have a fan on it and the fan turn about a cm, and then nothing no light at all was on a red light would flash for a second and then off. the reciever light would go on for a second then off and i had to power at all the esc was turn off, it wont turn on with theses lipos, i tried two of the same ones and nothing.. so i tried a nimh, and it worked fine so i thought it must be my lipos. This is where it gets weird... i tried my friends lipos in the truck, i dont know the brand but i tried a 7.4v worked fine and so did a 11.1v. i then decided to test my lipos in another truck so i tried them in my rustler vxl, same motor and esc set up, and they worked fine. Im really confused about whats going on is it a problem with my esc in the slash or is it the batteries, i dont get why my friends lipos will work in my car but mine wont, and then my lipos will work in my rustler... im no expert on this stuff but know a little so i really need help, Thanks!!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:59 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TRAXXAS SLASH 4X4 LIPO PROBLEM

That is strange. I wonder if the ESC's overvoltage protection is kicking in. It shouldn't be with a 3s but it's the only thing I can think of. Do you have any way of discharging your LiPos some and trying it then?

Edit: I forgot you said you also have a Rustler. Try running one in the Rustler to discharge it some and then see if the Slash 4x4 will work with it. Either way though it definately sounds like an ESC problem though.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:10 PM
jeepkid12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRAXXAS SLASH 4X4 LIPO PROBLEM

yes your idea about running the battery in the rustler to discharge it i tried it and it still didnt work in the slash, the charger i have now dosnt discharge but i just ordered a new charger and it does discharge it will be here tomarro so i will try it and hope something works. I just dont understand why my friends lipo which is fully charged works in the slash but my lipos wont, its like they have a mind of their own... its weird, but anyways thanks for the help ill try discharging them