Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

electrixrc Circuit Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Bmxsk8dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrixrc Circuit Help!!!

Hey hows it going guys I just got A circuit stadium truck and its not too quick. What do u guys think is a good setup i should get. Can i get brushless? Also i tried putting my buddys receiver in it today and now the car wont work enless im pushing the crystal in the controller down but after a while of mesing with it i got it to work now the esc just beeps and the green light is always on, is that normal i dont remember if it did that before. Im looking for more torque and speed i want the thing to rip!! Thanks to ne one who helps!!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Chucksolo69

Default RE: electrixrc Circuit Help!!!

Well, you could try upgrading to the 15T motor that Electrix offers.......but, you are only gonna get a 5 MPH increase in speed. I think you can go brushless provided you upgrade the tranny to metal gears; this shouldn't cost much andI have read a lot of folks have done this. Good, reliable brushless systems are about $100.00 to $300.00 for a 1/10th vehicle.

A lot of times mixing receivers with transmitters of different makes is asking for trouble, even if the frequency crystalsare the same. It is always better to buy a new radio complete with receiver than it is to mix and match. The Electrix line of RC vehicles are meant as ENTRY level kits; hence the reason they are slow and cheap. In that light, the Circuit does it's job well.I believe they top out at 18 MPH. If it were me, instead of upgrading the Circuit, I would pass it down to a noob in my family (if you have one in yours) and go out and buy a more advanced car/truck from Traxxas, HPI, Losi, Associated or other reputable RC company.

Look at it this way, you spent $120.00 for the Circuit. You will probabbly spend about 150.00 for a brushless system and another $100.00 for another good, multi model radio system. That's about $370.00. Good enough to buy a really good brushless RTR from one of the above mentioned companies. Heck, even $250.00 will buy you a good brushless RTR if you look and shop around a little. I personally would not bother upgrading the Circuit unless you look upon it as a project.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:14 PM
indy34096

I see no reason to get rid of the Circuit. I love mine, the platform is durable yet racey. When the money comes, I'm getting a 13.5t sensored combo and racing it!

A good brushless setup that I have is the Tacon 2848 540XL motors. They are easy on the plastic transmission, but can still top out at around 26, with torque to spare, due to the low gearing of the Circuit.

The question is, how fast do you want to go? How much off the line torque do you want?

Whatever brushless you go with, make sure you run the slipper on the loose side!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:41 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Get a $60.00 EZ run brushless system get a 35amp esc and 3000KV and it will be perfect if you wanta little more spee get a 4300KV 9t ez run motor combo we tried both set ups in the trucks and both worked great.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Chucksolo69

wow, 26 mph, a real speed demon that.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 AM
indy34096

ORIGINAL: Chucksolo69

wow, 26 mph, a real speed demon that.
The car is mainly for my dad, who isn't the best driver in the world. But the car can fly around a track wtih some authority, suprisingly.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:03 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

It sounds like you're having a transmitter issue. This is a problem that's plagued the Electrix cars since the beginning, call Horizon and talk to them about it.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:08 PM
indy34096

You can fill out a form for a replacement TX on Horizon or Electrix's website.