Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Clicking, stopping and trembling. (VIDEOS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 03:16 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Clicking, stopping and trembling. (VIDEOS)

what size is it? how many mm long and how many wide? did you say 4000kv in one of the vids?
Old 11-03-2011, 03:20 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: BlindObject

is it safe to spray it inside the motor? i also have some other type of cleaner, mach 2 something, its for cleaning rcs. btw, where can i find a similar motor? all motors that are similar size and kv have a 3.17mm shaft, i need 5mm. and all the motors which are close to mine are really expensive.
why do you need the 5mm shaft?
if its due to the mod 1 pinion you could get the Jammin SCRT pinions for $5 that are mod 1 and for a 3mm shaft
Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 PM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah I see, 3.17? To be specific? And yes, I'd like around 3900-4400kv with a 550 can size. The power and punch that this motor has spoiled me, lol. And those pinions sound like a good idea, just shame I bought a $10 dollar Robinson pinion...
Old 11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Yeah, I'm the wrong guy to point you in the right direction for a "cheap" 1/8th scale motor. Sorry - I have never tackled 1/8th scale.

Hopefully someone else can help you out.

To answer your question, yes, it's fine to clean it up but you gotta make sure it's all dry before you re-assemble it
Old 11-03-2011, 03:30 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

what ESC do you have out of curiosity?
looked like a Hobby wing SC10? or was it the SC8?

http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywingmotor.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/taconcars.html
Old 11-04-2011, 03:15 AM
BlindObject

its the SC10, but I do have both. And the car is a 1/10, not 1/8th. It was actually a 1/12 at first. And yes, I've look at all the Hobby partz, amainhobbies and hobby king stuff...
Old 11-04-2011, 04:44 AM
BlindObject

btw, can I have a link to those pinions?

and since i have no idea how to take this motor apart, i just sprayed the inside with some engine cleaner and let it dry over night, the motor has no screws...anywhere.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:52 AM
Foxy

Here ya go dude... This first item will let you use your 5mm pinion with a 3mm or 1/8th" (3.18mm) shaft.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...nion-Adaptor-2

Replace motor with this...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...le-1410-3800kV

Ah, I hear you say, I don't need a combo. I realise that, but hey, this is a free speed control, look at the price of the [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_221_1889_1890/products_id/202069/n/Castle-Creations-1410-1Y-4-Pole-1-10-Brushless-Motor-3800kV]motor alone[/link]. Get a Sidewinder sv2 with the combo for $4!

Despite being a 540, this motor will run stronger and cooler than your old 550.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:04 AM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If the motor got wet, did the esc as well?? I mistakenly "dipped" my slash in a puddle one day at the track and after it dried and I blew it all out blah blah blah, it was acting alot like your truck (heavy cogging it seemed) The esc was fried!!

If a differant motors gives you the same problem I would say esc.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:52 AM
BlindObject

i dont think the esc is fried since i never sunk it that hard and the esc is placed above the motor. and my other motor didnt glitch on the same esc.

and damn, thats a hefty combo, good value, but ill have to wait till next pay check to get that one, i did find a venom motor, are those good? its about 60-70 on ebay.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Foxy

Wait til payday, don't waste money on cheap electrics.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:56 AM
BlindObject

yeah youre right, just means no running for two weeks, unless my revo conversion project gets done before hand.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Foxy

That motor will be worth it, it will stomp up and down any other 1/10th you come across in your little CRT. It's a beast of a motor. And also, don't worry about the warning on that speed control at amain...in your car it would be perfectly happy on 3s if the urge took you.

Here's that exact combo running in a SCRT-10 on 3S, stupid fast, and as you probably know, the SCRT-10 is basically a stretched CRT .5.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuaBIpCFvPQ[/youtube]
Old 11-04-2011, 09:04 AM
BlindObject

yeah, I dont doubt it, on 3s this motor was also pretty fast, which is why I bought some 2s. but are there any other motor options? any other reputable brands? Ive been looking around and theres a lot like, reedy, team epic, integy, speed passion, etc etc, any good?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Foxy

All the expensive ones are good, none would be a bad decision. I love the orion electrics in my Xray mini, they're pretty and fast as hell, but nobody else is doing a 4-pole as far as I know, so it's apples to oranges. The 4-pole makes power equal to any 550, and runs cooler doing it. Plus you get a free speedo lol.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:51 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...pinion&x=0&y=0
Better option's than using the stupid ass 3mm to 5mm adapter. Always had mesh issues when I tried those type of adapters.

FYI the crt .5 even extended is still smaller than a 1/10th scale

Also a lot of people swear by the Tacon motors 3500kv would probably be perfect for the CRT .5
I'm planning on buying a tacon motor the second they get the one I want in stock
Old 11-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Foxy

I just can't bring myself to buy cheap electrics. With batteries its different, I buy from HK of course, but when it comes to speed controls and motors, the good stuff is always worth the investment. I might have to change that thinking the way the economy is going, but hey, for now I stand by it
Old 11-04-2011, 11:47 AM
BlindObject

Speedo? what? please elaborate. anyway, I found this motor, which is a bit cheaper, but is CC.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...cs&pn=CCMS5700

ive never shopped here, but its all over rc magazines. anyway, whats the input in this motor? what changes will I see moving from 4000kv to this 5700kv? its not exactly what Im looking for, but if it fits the bill at this price, its worth a look.

and yep, the extended crt is still smaller than 1/10, but I like it, it handles and jumps real good.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:48 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I just can't bring myself to buy cheap electrics. With batteries its different, I buy from HK of course, but when it comes to speed controls and motors, the good stuff is always worth the investment. I might have to change that thinking the way the economy is going, but hey, for now I stand by it
well after buying the expensive stuff, and not being happy at all with it.
I went back to the cheap stuff.

Kinda find it funny you will say the FlySky radios are worth it, but the HW ESC's (which most the failures I've seen are related to the user misusing them) are cheap?

Side note if running on 2S the HW 8.5 motor should work Its what I have in my CRT .5's on a 14t pinion. Don't think my setup ever broke 110 degrees even when it was 95 out

I do like the looks of that castle 4 pole motor was thinking about it actually for my pede, but wished it cam in under 3500kv rating, and didn't cost more than buying the combo with the worthless ESC with it...
Old 11-04-2011, 11:49 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: BlindObject

Speedo? what? please elaborate. anyway, I found this motor, which is a bit cheaper, but is CC.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...cs&pn=CCMS5700

ive never shopped here, but its all over rc magazines. anyway, whats the input in this motor? what changes will I see moving from 4000kv to this 5700kv? its not exactly what Im looking for, but if it fits the bill at this price, its worth a look.

and yep, the extended crt is still smaller than 1/10, but I like it, it handles and jumps real good.
you want 4000kv, and under (specially if going over 2S)
that motor is meant for on-road use
Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Greenfuelboy
My Feedback: (60)

Hi, I have rewound several brushless motors that are outrunner RC Airplane motors. I burned them up by over powering them with too big a prop. They would stumble and not want to go at low rpms but would spool up at full throttle but would not run right making clicking noises and squeal. I would think after seeing the video that one of the wires going to the motor has a short or is burned up or just not pluged in to the motor. If it will stumble at low rpm and will run at full throttle but not run right it could be a bad motor. You can over amp the motor by running through heavy grass or by using tires that are too big. If you have one of the wires on the motor disconnected it will do almost do the same thing. Try using a volt meter on the ohms setting to see if one of the motors esc wires are grounded. All the wires should have the same ohms. If one is shorted out you will know. You can go to gobrushless.com they have motor building information. I think the have a trouble shooting page that might help.

Thank you
GFB
Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 PM
BlindObject

Really? the description says 1/10 truck and buggy...

and GfB, the motor does act the same when I remove one of the three wires. But however, the motor runs fine for a little while, then it finally acts funky. Im gonna attempt to run it today and see how it goes.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

well after buying the expensive stuff, and not being happy at all with it.
I went back to the cheap stuff.

Kinda find it funny you will say the FlySky radios are worth it, but the HW ESC's (which most the failures I've seen are related to the user misusing them) are cheap?

Side note if running on 2S the HW 8.5 motor should work Its what I have in my CRT .5's on a 14t pinion. Don't think my setup ever broke 110 degrees even when it was 95 out

I do like the looks of that castle 4 pole motor was thinking about it actually for my pede, but wished it cam in under 3500kv rating, and didn't cost more than buying the combo with the worthless ESC with it...
I have no problem with the HW ESCs or the flysky radio, motors and servos are another matter. Anyway, I'm not saying you're wrong to do it, I'm just stating my preference. I may change my mind in the future, but for now, I tend to only buy big name motors and I've never had the slightest issue with them.

@BO Speedo=ESC, speed control (speedo), u get one free with the castle motor, a decent one. That motor you linked from stormer is a decent choice, but the 4-pole is better.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:43 PM
BlindObject

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Creat...item3f0f79dcd3

hows this? better?
Old 11-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Foxy

Yep, 1/8th pinion size, 3mm ones will fit, they aren't expensiive, or you can use the adaptors I linked earlier. It's just my opinion, if you like the price, I think you'll like it. Hope your batteries are good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.