Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFNA Jammin CRT.5 Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 03:17 PM
JRockZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFNA Jammin CRT.5 Brushless

Ok looks like i got the G/F on my side again Hehehehee She's going to buy me an early b-Day present so,,,,Whats a good ESC and Motor to go with CHEAP!! Im thinking Tacon and an EZ run but not sure what amp's to go with or what KV would be best for the 4WD and the weight of the CRT.
Help me out guys!! Yakfish you too!! i seen ya reading on here lol
Old 01-12-2012, 03:21 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: JRockZ

ORIGINAL: srt10

I've heard, these Truggies rock?
what's the word here fellas?
Yeah man the quality way outshines the rest if you ask me, i just keep having other issues like this

[img][/img]

Female bullet pulg pulled off my VXL-3s esc board doesnt look to be fixable ughhhhhhhh!! Just my luck!! i made a post on it over here http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139661
Totaly fixable bro!
your LHS is a dork
Old 01-12-2012, 03:26 PM
JRockZ

Totaly fixable bro!
your LHS is a dork
Yes maybe so however i myself cant do it im way to shakey to solder good so thats out and if i cant get him to do it thats out too so i guess im S.O.L for now, Just goin to replace the ESC and motor and go with something new and when/if i fix the traxxas esc i'll put it back on my Evader
Old 01-12-2012, 03:52 PM
JRockZ

i probably should have shown a pic like this, holding the female bullet in the pic with a tweezers.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the 60A EZ-run 8.5t combo
only issue is you have to solder leads to the motor, and get bullet connectors (dunno why they only come with the females...)

I still can't figure out how ofna is selling this thing at $80 vs what the other brands charge for similar. At 1st I thought they were just clearing inventory, but the one I got when I did order had their current catalog, and different stickers on the box. I'm more shocked they haven't just made an electric version(aka add in the motor mount, and battery box), and slapped $70 more on to the price.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM
srt10

If you lived next door I'de fix that esc for ya!

and where can I get one of these chassis??
thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM
JRockZ

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I still can't figure out how ofna is selling this thing at $80 vs what the other brands charge for similar. At 1st I thought they were just clearing inventory, but the one I got when I did order had their current catalog, and different stickers on the box. I'm more shocked they haven't just made an electric version(aka add in the motor mount, and battery box), and slapped $70 more on to the price.
I was wondering that myself mine however was in the box many years i could tell when i pulled the foams out of the insides of the tires the black from the rubber had absorbed into the foams some. Had i known a lil more than i do now i wouldnt have just gone with the TT that thing is bad ass!! BUT also i have alwayswanted to do a brushless conversion too,, as i said b4 im very happy with but issues with my othe rparts really doesnt help any.
I was thinking of the 60 amp combo too howvever now that i know i need to change all the connectors i think i'll just look for a decent used esc motor combo, She says i cant spend 100 bucks but that i can do like 75 so maybe one of the local friends of mine has one i can buy cheep! they all usually run castle sidewinder or mamba max so those maybe way out of my price range ughhh!!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:15 PM
JRockZ

ORIGINAL: Srt10

thanks
What Chassis you want?? i have the original Short chassis that i was just going to try and sleebay for a few bucks, if you pay shipping its yours and i'll send the ESC with it, you can fix the ESC and send it back and we have a deal!!! Hahahaa!! :wink: :wink:

EDIT: in the mean time i emailed some guy on craigslist who has an 80amp ESClisted forsale and he lives close, i emailed and asked what brand is it and how old is it? he replied back saying send me your number, so i said no first tell me what brand and how old and maybe we can talk, So he replies back "good bye" im like W T F?? so i said ok well if you dont know what brand it is then how do you intend to sell it? are you just wanting my number to spam me or try and scam me? and he replies back and says "go spam someone else", What a douche!! he's obviously phishing for phone numbers, The ad is here Please flag it !! http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/tag/2777415302.html

EDIT: Nevermind he deleted it Ha!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:00 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

these trucks are great! I may have to buy another one and do a brushless conversion to it. maybe if they are still for dsale cheap once I finsh some of the projects I am currently working on I will do one up. I think these would be awesome with one of the new 4 pole short course combos castle is selling now!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:39 PM
JRockZ

ORIGINAL: yakfish

these trucks are great! I may have to buy another one and do a brushless conversion to it. maybe if they are still for dsale cheap once I finsh some of the projects I am currently working on I will do one up. I think these would be awesome with one of the new 4 pole short course combos castle is selling now!
Well if it wasnt for your post/s Yak i'd never have seen or heard of this thing so i guess thanks to you!!
Love your signature lol
Old 01-12-2012, 07:48 PM
srt10

Oh, I'm looking for the kit you guys are talking about for less than a 100 bucks
Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 PM
JRockZ

Oh, I'm looking for the kit you guys are talking about for less than a 100 bucks
Well i Pm'ed you the info but for any other that are looking you can find the CRT.5 at Nitrohouse Here: http://www.nitrohouse.com/Blow-Out-S...duct_info.htmland you will need to buy a motor mount as well there are a few that will work so i wont link all that work, i will just plug the one i got from RC monster Here: http://rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcmcrt.5mmthis is not the least expensive one but is probably the best one available so this makes it just a lil over 100 bucks for a complete roller and you will have to design or buy a battery tray as well.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:38 PM
JRockZ

thanks
Well i did it!! Or looks good anyhow have not put it all back together yet so crossing my fingers!!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: JRockZ

Well i Pm'ed you the info but for any other that are looking you can find the CRT.5 at Nitrohouse Here: http://www.nitrohouse.com/Blow-Out-S...duct_info.html and you will need to buy a motor mount as well there are a few that will work so i wont link all that work, i will just plug the one i got from RC monster Here: http://rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcmcrt.5mm this is not the least expensive one but is probably the best one available so this makes it just a lil over 100 bucks for a complete roller and you will have to design or buy a battery tray as well.
Dunno about the monster mount being the best honestly I find it equal to the OFNA mount quality wise(I have both), but the ofna mount is a few bucks cheaper http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZAH8&P=7

Also would like to ad get http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZAJ4&P=7 to make mounting the electronics, and batteries a fair bit easier (need to drill 3 holes in the chassis plate to mount the battery box)
Old 01-12-2012, 10:09 PM
srt10

ok, good stuff!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:13 PM
JRockZ

ok, good stuff!
Agreed!! Dang wheres the "like" button on here lol
Old 01-13-2012, 10:49 AM
JRockZ

Ok i just got back from testing my ESC, so far i did a pretty good job with the soldering Whoo Hoo!! In fact i think its even faster now, or seems like it.  I was running in the park at my apt complex and fond some great terrain to run on that goes from sand and dirt to acorn shells to pavement to grass  (also with acorn shells but not like the ones they lay in the park areas where the kids play)  and some hilly fields, just enuff hills to come over and leave the other side in a wheelie at full speed hahahaa!! this thing ran like a raped ape!! Of course it also (i had nothing to do with it) found a small creek and a huge mud puddle.   Im going to have to get some video. Still have some handeling issues and one of the turnbuckle end kept popping off but dayum what fun!!
 I hope thats what this is from here on out, more fun than fixing!! lol 

Heres a shot after the romp and a quick toothbrushing to get all the loose grass and mud and acorn shells off lol.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 AM
srt10

Awesome that you fixed the esc!!
and it possibly does run better cuz now you have a better connection

so is 3500kv a good place to start or is 4500-5000kv better for this truck?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:27 AM
JRockZ

Awesome that you fixed the esc!!
and it possibly does run better cuz now you have a better connection

so is 3500kv a good place to start or is 4500-5000kv better for this truck?
i would say that depends on the user and what they want but since i got my motor and esc for 50 bucks which is a steal for a velineon system id say it is for sure enuff, maybe more than enuff,,, im going to try and get a GPS reading today as well as some video but i have a few things to do so may not get back on here till tomorrow with any of that, im guessing in the grass im easily hitting about 33-35mph with the stock spur and a 16T pinoion on 2s but i may also be a bad judge at speed. im sure once i have straight ceter shafts in instead of the bent ones i will pick up some more there as well.
Wheelies in reverse is a riot too!! lol
Old 01-13-2012, 11:40 AM
srt10

Ok, well 35mph on 2s is very decent speeds
Old 01-13-2012, 11:43 AM
JRockZ

Ok, well 35mph on 2s is very decent speeds
Oh yeah and thats in the grass lol. I just know i ran my evader with this same system however on nimhi and at full blast i was able to hit 33mph so im guessing thats about what this is doing in the grasss and with lipo.
You going to order one Mr SRT10? Or did you last night? lol
Old 01-13-2012, 02:02 PM
JRockZ

I went for another successfull bashing!! Took it down the street to a construction area and did some serious off roading and the only thing that broke was my crappy homeade body mounts on the front. You will see in the pic that it likes to nosedive still, the stock rear shocks are just to weak and springy but i will upgrade them eventually, i prob had them a little to tight for what i was doing. i also took a quick vid from my cell phone which will need much editing, its really hard to video it and drive but i did get a few good sections, you can see in the video how it endo's on braking,,,, Heres a few pics after my romp and ill go splice the video in a min IFi can figure how to get it out of my cell phone and onto my computer lol.

And one of what it looked like 2-3 days ago when i started this thread lol

Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
JRockZ

Ok well heres the video i took from my cell in its entirety, i didnt bother to edit it, its pretty crappy, next time i go out ill bring my camera and tripod and get a decent quality video so dont let this one be judge of anything cause it sucks!! at right about 1 min in you will see endo on the brakes lol
[youtube]http://youtu.be/VW-JMXaePvA[/youtube]
Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 PM
srt10

those shocks look huge on that little truck!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:25 PM
raserx08

it can be re soldered if you are patient with a soldering iron. I have done it before and its not as bad as you might think.

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

The link I posted for you is the site rc-monster and the link is for the mini truggy forum which is mostly crt.5 and a ton of them are converted to brushless. I have one also and it is an awesome little truck very durable and fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.