Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

2wd 1/16 Monster Jam Replicas

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:25 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd 1/16 Monster Jam Replicas

Why in the world did Traxxas make the 1/16 Grace Digger 2wd? What did they do, take out the front diff? Why? To save themselves $5? Makes no sense to purposely make a monster truck replica 2wd when it could have been easily kept 4wd and therefore more realistic. Why did Traxxas do this? Not complaining, just wondering why in the world.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:30 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2wd 1/16 Monster Jam Replicas

Nonsense...
Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Nonsense...
agreed. i'll grant Traxxas that they are dang good at making money, but at what expensive to rationallity...
Old 02-19-2012, 09:05 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

Why in the world did Traxxas make the 1/16 Grace Digger 2wd? What did they do, take out the front diff? Why? To save themselves $5? Makes no sense to purposely make a monster truck replica 2wd when it could have been easily kept 4wd and therefore more realistic. Why did Traxxas do this? Not complaining, just wondering why in the world.
Because Traxxas will do whatever they want to make a buck....
Old 02-20-2012, 02:52 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Just because you say you're not complaining doesn't mean you're not complaining. If you don't like it don't buy it, pretty simple really. It is aimed at kids with the backpack and all so why the fuss? If it makes the hobby more accessible to others I say more power to them. To answer your question I would think making it 2WD would have something to do with keeping the price down so the kids can convince mum and dad to buy it and I reckon it would wheelie a bit easier as well which is a monster truck trait.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:15 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Just because you say you're not complaining doesn't mean you're not complaining. If you don't like it don't buy it, pretty simple really. It is aimed at kids with the backpack and all so why the fuss? If it makes the hobby more accessible to others I say more power to them. To answer your question I would think making it 2WD would have something to do with keeping the price down so the kids can convince mum and dad to buy it and I reckon it would wheelie a bit easier as well which is a monster truck trait.
Yeah, I can't agree more. The people complaining are generally the people who still wouldn't buy it if it met their 'expectations'. It's meant to be a fun little wheelie machine for kids.

Besides, a 4wd conversion would cost you what... $25 tops?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Yeah, I can't agree more. The people complaining are generally the people who still wouldn't buy it if it met their 'expectations'. It's meant to be a fun little wheelie machine for kids.

Besides, a 4wd conversion would cost you what... $25 tops?
Totally agree with both of you.....
Old 02-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

according to tower (iffy at best) it'll only be $30 cheaper than the 1/10th scale version..... weird.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:22 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

The 1/10 version is based of the stampede while the mini is based of the mini revo. A brushed stampede is $10 cheaper then a brushed mini e-revo and always has been so the prices sound about right to me.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:55 PM
rayndog3

If I had the extra change I'd get one!! I'd rather have one based on the mini revo rather than the stampede, even if it is smaller.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:04 PM
USMC 0802

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Imagine that , a company trying to make money-the nervel!

It’s called capitalism.

Under such a system, if you hate Traxxas so much (which you clearly do), you don't have to buy their products - Neat!!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:24 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: USMC 0802

It’s called capitalism.

Under such a system, if you hate Traxxas so much (which you clearly do), you don't have to buy their products - Neat!!
i in no way "hate" Traxxas, i am just simply wondering why they did this. if i hated them so much, i wouldn't continue to buy their products. it was a simple question, sorry if it sounded like i was complaining.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:56 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they did it to offset the price of the backpack
Old 02-20-2012, 07:09 PM
pyromatic177

What kid doesn't like monster trucks? i bet they'll make a lot of money of those. i would probly buy one for the heck of it if i could
Old 02-21-2012, 05:09 AM
USMC 0802

It’s called capitalism.

i in no way "hate" Traxxas, i am just simply wondering why they did this. if i hated them so much, i wouldn't continue to buy their products. it was a simple question, sorry if it sounded like i was complaining.
No worrie, you asked a valid question; my comment was directed to t9dragon.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:34 AM
t9dragon

It’s called capitalism.

Where in my post did I say that I hate Traxxas?
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 AM
USMC 0802

It’s called capitalism.

Where in my post did I say that I hate Traxxas?
It sounded like it...Maybe your sarcasm drownedout my sarcasm?