Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

XL-2.5 vs. XL-5

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Team Dominion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XL-2.5 vs. XL-5

Would someone care to explain the major differences between these two ESC's from Traxxas?

I recently got back into the RC world with the purchase of a Rusty with the XL-5. I am looking real hard at a Slash that has the XL-2.5 and I am really curious as to the differences between the two and what advantages each has to offer.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:41 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: XL-2.5 vs. XL-5

XL 2.5 is for minis (1/16th scale)
XL-5 is for 1/10th

The slash you are looking at is probably the 1/16th scale slas that is tiny next to the full sized one, and cant go in half the places the 1/10th could.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Team Dominion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XL-2.5 vs. XL-5

Thank you for the reply. And you are correct it is the 1/16th scale. Now that I know that I won't make the mistake of buying it. Gonna keep looking around for a 1/10 scale slash.

Thanks again.