Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Yay
80.00%
Nay
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

HPI Bullet ST Flux RTR

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:15 PM
iTz Nicholas72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Bullet ST Flux RTR

I've been out of the RC scene for a few years and I want to get back into it this when I get my tax return

Bashing was always my main priority though I did go to the local track a few times before it closed and had a decent time. Didn't actually enter any races, though...

I've compared it to several other options and for the money/features it really seems hard to beat but I'm skepticle because I can't find much feedback as far as durability goes. I've heard the whole it's HPI of course it's durable and all that but does anyone have some first hand experience this this kit? Also I can't find it on the HPI website or Tower but does anyone know the max battery size I can fit in there as far as L x W x H in millimeters goes? Still have my old IMAX B6 Li-Po charger so I'm just looking to get a 2S battery from HobbyKing or whatever there called...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBPVU&P=3
http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/107008/

Would this be a good choice overall for me to get back into RC with?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Mysterious

Default RE: HPI Bullet ST Flux RTR

never driven it but it looks like a take off a Savage and it looks to be built pretty solid... if u like it buy it
Old 02-28-2012, 09:17 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mysterious

never driven it but it looks like a take off a Savage and it looks to be built pretty solid... if u like it buy it
bullet is no where near a savage. Its based off the lightning GT10 platform by hotbodies which is pretty much looked like an overhaul of the HPI MT2 line

Based on what people that owned the GT10 have said its a rock solid platform. I'd have bought a bullet in a heart beat if HPI came out with it 2 years ago when I wanted a 4wd electric ST, and it was introduced to europe... (I bought a 4wd truggy in the 2 years they screwed around with releasing it in the US)
Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mysterious

Not even close to being a take off of the Savage. It is based off of the Hot Bodies brushless buggy...
Old 02-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Mysterious

I mean that its a truggy/monster truck look on roids, big wheels, solid chassis, heavy duty shocks...not that it was a copy, just that it was a rugged build vehicle not made of dinky cheap plastic
Old 02-28-2012, 12:50 PM
iTz Nicholas72

Looks like I'm going to take the plunge if my local hobby store stocks parts for it. If not then that might be an issue...
Old 02-29-2012, 08:19 AM
iTz Nicholas72

Local HobbyTown doesn't carry parts for the Bullet ST Flux... Also read a thread on the HPI Europe forum and heard a lot of negative comments about it. Anywhere from braking suspension parts somewhat easily to the dogbones needing to be upgraded to CVDs ASAP.

Kinda thinking about the Stampede 4x4 but it's quite expensive so possible the Savage XS or a Mini Revo Flux. Though both need up grades and the ESC/motor/servo are less than stellar...
Old 02-29-2012, 08:36 AM
spena

ORIGINAL: iTz Nicholas72

Kinda thinking about the Stampede 4x4 but it's quite expensive so possible the Savage XS or a Mini Revo Flux. Though both need up grades and the ESC/motor/servo are less than stellar...
savage xs is a good option. built like a mini tank out of the box and uses 1/10 scale electronics. its just takes longer to get to the pinion compared to other rc.
pede 4x4 is a better option. easy to work on, tons of aftermarket parts, lightweight and can be converted in to truggy/buggy/rustler etc (see Jang's shapeshifter)

no such thing as a Mini Revo Flux, i think you mean erevo vxl or merv. its decent but on lipos expect broken parts.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 AM
t9dragon

Between the 3 trucks you mention, the Savage XS would be the one I would go with and as far as uprades to the XS the only one I would do would possibly be the ESC. But I haven't had any issues with the ESC in either of my XS's and they were in the first batch to hit the LHS's..

I don't think either a 4wd Stampede or Mini Revo can hold up to the bashing this Savage XS takes in this video..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsakoqeB8vU[/youtube]
Old 02-29-2012, 10:13 AM
iTz Nicholas72

It pretty much between the Stampede 4x4 or the Savage XS. Leaning toward the XS because it's cheaper and even with some of the upgrades I "need" it will still be less than the Stampede 4x4 and possibly more durable.

If only tower offered EasyPay for the Savage Flux 2350 then I would be set haha
Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 PM
spena

Leaning toward the XS because it's cheaper and even with some of the upgrades I "need" it will still be less than the Stampede 4x4 and possibly more durable.

If only tower offered EasyPay for the Savage Flux 2350 then I would be set haha
+1 to XS. Just slap on 2s and you'll have a blast. its great out of the box just make sure you tape the turnbuckle with bright colours as it pops off easily or upgrade with the traxxas parts
Old 02-29-2012, 01:01 PM
t9dragon

And the XS is also "WATERPROOF"
Old 02-29-2012, 01:02 PM
iTz Nicholas72

Now to pick between getting the RTR or getting the SS Kit...
Old 02-29-2012, 02:26 PM
t9dragon

Now to pick between getting the RTR or getting the SS Kit...
Well if you have the electronics get the kit otherwise get the RTR.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM
iTz Nicholas72

I don't have the electronics but in thinking it would be cheaper in the long run if I get the SS. I would just get used electronics from eBay or whatever is recommended yet not too expensive.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:35 PM
t9dragon

Just get the RTR.. The RTR is $298 on Towerhobbies and the Kit is listed at $230.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:02 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Just get the RTR.. The RTR is $298 on Towerhobbies and the Kit is listed at $230.
ditto you can sell the eletronics for well over a hundred...
Stupid to make a kit cost only that much less that has no real upgrades over the RTR that I could see.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:29 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Stupid to make a kit cost only that much less that has no real upgrades over the RTR that I could see.
The only thing I can see different is the shocks and all of the aluminum parts are now orange (which I like) instead of that ugly HPI PURPLE...
Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 AM
iTz Nicholas72

It's decided going to get a Savage XS RTR.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

The only thing I can see different is the shocks and all of the aluminum parts are now orange (which I like) instead of that ugly HPI PURPLE...
I like the purple, not a fan of orange personally. Wish they would do their parts in blue, or black more though.

I've been tempted to just strip the anodizing on some things which I would do if I got orange.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:25 PM
iTz Nicholas72

It has the upgraded aluminum shocks, CVDs, and the adjustable turnbuckles. All of those are upgrades that I've seen recommended to get for the RTR.

Probably going to go with the RTR because I would be up and running quicker.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Caveman7797

I bought the HPI bullet st flux back in april.....  im pretty new to the RC game and i went ape **** and put a 11.1 lipo in the bullet.... lets just say stupid fast and newbie dont mix well..... car handles great outta the box but parts are still a little hard to get ahold of here is the states.....  HPI claims the bullet will handle the 11.1 lipo but here is what i found....  I added a double cooling fan on motor, and put a bigger cooling fan on esc and still can only run about 7 min and the over heat protection shuts it down...,.,., if i put a 7.4 lipo in then yeah its a lil slower but still decently fast and i can run a full battery without stopping.  adding a wheelie bar is highly recomended.....