Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HPI OR Traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:09 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI OR Traxxas

The Thunder Tiger MT4 G3.  A fast, durable MT/Truggy hybrid.  Priced like a Stampede VXL, handles better than a Revo, just as durable (some say moreso) than a Savage. 

1/8 scale bashing fun. 
Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 AM
pyromatic177

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

The Thunder Tiger MT4 G3. A fast, durable MT/Truggy hybrid. Priced like a Stampede VXL, handles better than a Revo, just as durable (some say moreso) than a Savage.

1/8 scale bashing fun.
Dang you i was gonna say the MT4 G3. You beat me too it

Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Joecool73

thanks for all the input guys. I appreciate all of the feed back. I have it down to 3 models,

Traxxas E-Revo Brushless TQi/2.4GHz RTR Blue 1 759.99 In Stock

HPI Racing 1/8 Savage Flux HP Brushless 2.4GHz RTR 1 639.99 In Stock

HPI Racing 1/8 Trophy Truggy Flux 2.4GHz RTR 1 489.99 Late April

All these prices are straight from tower hobbies
Old 04-17-2012, 11:22 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 RTR $549.00 Late April

Old 04-17-2012, 07:46 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you end up ordering from Tower then Istrongly suggest that you pay an extra $9.99 for a 1 year membership. This will allow you to apply a $50 coupon (for spending $300 or more) and you'll receive free shipping. They will periodically email you some coupons and discount codes and occassionally offer free shipping on orders of only $99. That's when I stock up on wheels, tires and miscellaneous RC items because Ican apply an additional $15 coupon to a $100 order. Not too shabby.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:06 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Savage
Old 04-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Joecool73

I wonder why none of the 1/8 scale electrics are waterproof. Most of the 1/10 scale vehicles are. Also need another TX for whatever vehicle I decide to get. Sticks only here no pistol wit da gangster lean. And yes I run my Rustler VXL with my DX6i. However thinking of just a DX5e or Hitec Optic for this one since it will be exclusive for this model only. Also might get a roller and put one together. not sure quite yet.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:45 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Joecool73

I wonder why none of the 1/8 scale electrics are waterproof. Most of the 1/10 scale vehicles are. Also need another TX for whatever vehicle I decide to get. Sticks only here no pistol wit da gangster lean. And yes I run my Rustler VXL with my DX6i. However thinking of just a DX5e or Hitec Optic for this one since it will be exclusive for this model only. Also might get a roller and put one together. not sure quite yet.
Waterproof is not waterproof, and air radios are not surface radios for a reason. Get a cheap surface radio. ThunderbirdJunkie loves his DX7SE, but there is no way you'd be able to pay him to set it up with his cars.

If you require a two stick radio, get a dedicated two stick surface radio. They make them.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:31 AM
miniRCfan

ORIGINAL: Joecool73

thanks for all the input guys. I appreciate all of the feed back. I have it down to 3 models,

Traxxas E-Revo Brushless TQi/2.4GHz RTR Blue 1 759.99 In Stock

HPI Racing 1/8 Savage Flux HP Brushless 2.4GHz RTR 1 639.99 In Stock

HPI Racing 1/8 Trophy Truggy Flux 2.4GHz RTR 1 489.99 Late April

All these prices are straight from tower hobbies
So out of these which one is the recommended?
Old 04-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Joecool73

The Erevo Brushless is about $90 more than the HPI Flux HP, from what I gather the flux is a better basher and the Erevo is more of a racer. Both have the same esc and motor being the castle mamba monster max just re branded in HPIs Flux HP. I'm still undecided but I think I'm leaning more towards the Erevo. Just because I like the look of it more. Its a truggy body to the HPIs monster truck body, just personal preference but since I own a Rustler VXL, I prefer the truggy look to the monster truck. Yeah I'm going to get another radio, don't feel like swapping out the receiver for my DX6i, maybe a DX5E for the next model. I do like the DX6i with my Rustler VXL though, easy to adjust the throttle curves, braking, etc. Its a preference thing I guess just like I only want to use sticks and not a pistol. Thanks for all the input as well. If any of you guys are running surface sticks for your model (probably not many of you I'm sure)what are you using?
Old 04-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Joecool73

As far as waterproof Ive just recently found out about outerwear. A really cool product that's water resistant, mud, snow, and dirt resistant and breathable. You guys probably already new about that but I happened to stumble upon it yesterday when I was looking at some Erevo reviews on you tube. They are about $40 but since the electronics aren't waterproof on either model Ill be picking one of these up as well.