Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Viper Copperhead?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 09:34 AM
SillyWillie-Buh!
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper Copperhead?

Well its getting closer to the time I get to buy another rc. and I'm either going with a E-Firestorm Flux RTR or a T4.1 Factory team build. Either one will see the track(nothing Pro-like) and the parking lot This is my final set of choices as I've been pondering everything all summer long lol. Going the T4.1 route, I was thinking of throwing a viper copperhead setup in it. Cheap, with reviews going both directions. Anyone have any experience with them? and which kv would go well in the T4.1?(Assuming the 3900 being it's a 540 size) Want to give a kit build the ol' "college try". Either way it goes here I'm looking into my first NIB RC, as all the rest have been second hand.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Bielzebub

Default RE: Viper Copperhead?

I have been wondering the same thing but with a 4 pole viper copperhead setup for my SCTE. I posted the same question on the Losi forum and basically no one has replied. If I get any information on it or if you get it first, please share as I am looking at this setup as well. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:20 PM
olbuck20

Thinking of getting Viper 540 for my sc10 2wd, anyone have any feedback they can share
Old 04-02-2013, 02:31 PM
ElectricGuy007

Hey if it's a copperhead you want id Look into the other Viper setups. I ran the copperhead in my 2wd SC10 and it was overkill.
Mainly my batteries didnt last because I forgot it's a 4-pole system. 4-pole motors drain Lipo batteries. You need at least a 50c Lipo to run them.
Viper has decent customer service. My motor went bad in my copperhead 540 system Viper replaced it because it was within the 180 day warrenty period, and I shipped them my old one. The 4-pole 540 copperhead is actually for a 4wd slash or 4wd SC10, I wouldnt use it in a 2wd. I made a big mistake and did it but i probably wont use it in a 2wd again.

I have thier 550 4-pole 4500kv system in my 4wd SC10 and it's fast and its fun.