Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Mom Hates R/C!! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Microz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mom Hates R/C!! Help!!!

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: Microz

Yeah I'd recommend rebuilding your Bandit. To be honest I don't enjoy this hobby all that much anymore, but for someone who's still in high school I don't know what else I could do. I've thought about getting out multiple times, but I don't know. I means it's fun at times, but it can become very frustrating also.

ORIGINAL: BurningEvader1458

I'm not supposed to give my age out, but I'll say this, I'm between the ages of 12 and 18.
13, 14, or 15 because you said that you couldn't drive. Trust me: once you can drive the hobby becomes much more fun.
Thats what im personally waiting for...7 months for my permit...13 months until my license.

Dang that sucks. Its just really nice being able to drive to my LHS (even though I order 99% of my stuff online) and be able to go to bash spots.
Yeah it is nice to be able to do that. I don't get to fly much because my parents are never in the mood to take me to the field.

This is exactly why you should get back into cars... lol.
lol actually, I've been thinking about rebuilding one of my rc cars just for something to do thats RC related when they cant take me anywhere...thought about helis, but dang those things are just so weird looking... So yeah, i think you are right...i may rebuild one of my cars for when i can't fly. Besides, i havent been doing ANYTHING rc related for the last 2 weeks because of that...i've just been trolling around on RC forums. Yeah, RC car would be nice...not as fun as flying in my opinion, but sure as heck more fun than lounging around! Thanks man, never thought of it that way!
Yeah it does become frustrating at times. I haven't thought about getting out of it because i actually find it to be very fun.

Like I said, I still enjoy it, but not nearly as much as I used to. And it takes up so much time, especially when the amount of free time I have is already minimal.
Yeah i guess it can take up a lot of time. I have more than enough free time for that though.

Well I should have more time than last year, but still won't be all that much once you take into account all of the writing/videos that I do.
Yeah thats true. I mean i don't write for anyone and its summer right now so i guess thats why i have so much time. Winter is coming soon anyway and in PA it gets cold...thats good my other hobby doesn't involve moving outdoors (not to mention its a lot cheaper...Flight Simulator X). Oh well, couple more years and i can move on down to Florida.

Haha, I'm actually looking forward to winter. Here it's 100 degrees plus everyday, so its miserable to go outside. Its usually in the 40s during the day in the winter, which is much more enjoyable than 100+ in the summer.
Oh yeah i bet. You guys are hotter than Florida too then. When i was down visiting my uncle, it was about the same as it is here in PA. Over here its in the 70's-90's in the summer, so it isn't too bad, but then winter....low 20's to mid 30's.....cold....

Just to make people mad... lol.
I wonder if its possible to overload the server by doing this. Probably not. Oh well. As i said, i've got nothing better to do other than troll rc forums.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:16 AM
thehuntingterminator

Yeah I'd recommend rebuilding your Bandit. To be honest I don't enjoy this hobby all that much anymore, but for someone who's still in high school I don't know what else I could do. I've thought about getting out multiple times, but I don't know. I means it's fun at times, but it can become very frustrating also.

I'm not supposed to give my age out, but I'll say this, I'm between the ages of 12 and 18.
13, 14, or 15 because you said that you couldn't drive. Trust me: once you can drive the hobby becomes much more fun.
Thats what im personally waiting for...7 months for my permit...13 months until my license.

Dang that sucks. Its just really nice being able to drive to my LHS (even though I order 99% of my stuff online) and be able to go to bash spots.
Yeah it is nice to be able to do that. I don't get to fly much because my parents are never in the mood to take me to the field.

lol actually, I've been thinking about rebuilding one of my rc cars just for something to do thats RC related when they cant take me anywhere...thought about helis, but dang those things are just so weird looking... So yeah, i think you are right...i may rebuild one of my cars for when i can't fly. Besides, i havent been doing ANYTHING rc related for the last 2 weeks because of that...i've just been trolling around on RC forums. Yeah, RC car would be nice...not as fun as flying in my opinion, but sure as heck more fun than lounging around! Thanks man, never thought of it that way!
Yeah it does become frustrating at times. I haven't thought about getting out of it because i actually find it to be very fun.

Like I said, I still enjoy it, but not nearly as much as I used to. And it takes up so much time, especially when the amount of free time I have is already minimal.
Yeah i guess it can take up a lot of time. I have more than enough free time for that though.

Well I should have more time than last year, but still won't be all that much once you take into account all of the writing/videos that I do.
Yeah thats true. I mean i don't write for anyone and its summer right now so i guess thats why i have so much time. Winter is coming soon anyway and in PA it gets cold...thats good my other hobby doesn't involve moving outdoors (not to mention its a lot cheaper...Flight Simulator X). Oh well, couple more years and i can move on down to Florida.

Haha, I'm actually looking forward to winter. Here it's 100 degrees plus everyday, so its miserable to go outside. Its usually in the 40s during the day in the winter, which is much more enjoyable than 100+ in the summer.
Oh yeah i bet. You guys are hotter than Florida too then. When i was down visiting my uncle, it was about the same as it is here in PA. Over here its in the 70's-90's in the summer, so it isn't too bad, but then winter....low 20's to mid 30's.....cold....

I wonder if its possible to overload the server by doing this. Probably not. Oh well. As i said, i've got nothing better to do other than troll rc forums.

Well I've got stuff to do but I get distracted, haha.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Microz

hahaha yeah that happens to me sometimes too. I dont have anything to do right now though....except build up courage to ask my dad for help ordering from amazon...i want a thrustmaster joystick thingy majig for FSX which is only $35, but i just spent $77 yesterday...even though its my own money, he gets irritated when i ask.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 AM
thehuntingterminator

hahaha yeah that happens to me sometimes too. I dont have anything to do right now though....except build up courage to ask my dad for help ordering from amazon...i want a thrustmaster joystick thingy majig for FSX which is only $35, but i just spent $77 yesterday...even though its my own money, he gets irritated when i ask.

I used to have to ask my parents to use their paypal and ebay accounts, and I hated it! I could always tell that they weren't happy I was buying something else! It's so nice having my own paypal and ebay account. I can buy whatever, whenever I want as long as I have the funds available. Plus, I've gotten where I save at least 50% of everything I make so my parents stay off my back. That way it makes them happy and I can pay for my own gas
Old 08-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Microz

I used to have to ask my parents to use their paypal and ebay accounts, and I hated it! I could always tell that they weren't happy I was buying something else! It's so nice having my own paypal and ebay account. I can buy whatever, whenever I want as long as I have the funds available. Plus, I've gotten where I save at least 50% of everything I make so my parents stay off my back. That way it makes them happy and I can pay for my own gas
yeah im not allowed to have my own paypal or ebay account until i am 18. My parents don't make me save any percent of my money yet since i don't really need to pay for anything else just yet, so im not sure why my dad is like that. My mom doesn't care that i buy more things, but she doesn't know how to use a computer so i can't ask her, and then she doesn't drive to the LHS...its too far for her driving ability. besides, the LHS is overpriced. How'd you get your parents to let you have your own accounts?

Old 08-14-2012, 01:21 PM
thehuntingterminator

yeah im not allowed to have my own paypal or ebay account until i am 18. My parents don't make me save any percent of my money yet since i don't really need to pay for anything else just yet, so im not sure why my dad is like that. My mom doesn't care that i buy more things, but she doesn't know how to use a computer so i can't ask her, and then she doesn't drive to the LHS...its too far for her driving ability. besides, the LHS is overpriced. How'd you get your parents to let you have your own accounts?

I got a paypal and ebay account because I was originally going to setup my own ebay store, but now that I write I need it to sell personal items that I don't want after I review them. I mean their in my parents' names because you have to be 18, but they're really for me.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Microz

I got a paypal and ebay account because I was originally going to setup my own ebay store, but now that I write I need it to sell personal items that I don't want after I review them. I mean their in my parents' names because you have to be 18, but they're really for me.
Oh okay i see. Yeah...my dad wont let me have one for sure. He doesn't think im responsible enough even though i am...he thinks that i would do the stupidest things when in reality i do nothing stupid at all. I know why he thinks im not responsible though....its because im not letting him plan out my life for me.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:46 PM
thehuntingterminator

Oh okay i see. Yeah...my dad wont let me have one for sure. He doesn't think im responsible enough even though i am...he thinks that i would do the stupidest things when in reality i do nothing stupid at all. I know why he thinks im not responsible though....its because im not letting him plan out my life for me.

Lol glad I'm not you...
Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Microz

Lol glad I'm not you...
Yeah you should be glad lol....i have a typical indian family where the kids are always wrong and never get their way.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:31 PM
pyromatic177

Those are some of the longest quotes I've ever seen lol
Old 08-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Microz

Yeah...we kind of hijacked his thread as well.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:40 PM
thehuntingterminator

Yeah we'll stop.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Microz

Yeah we'll try to stop.
I fixed it.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:03 PM
ghsmith

I built model planes as a kid and did R/C as a sort of religion... lol  ANYWAY, I work as a welder (still working with my hands) and make about 90K a year...   not bad eh?  Keep it up!   : )
Old 08-15-2012, 11:54 AM
DieHarder

I want to be an airplane mechanic, and do rc boats and trucks/drifters as a hobby.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:33 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, this has gotten just a little bit out of control. Unfortunately a few people have ruined it for everybody.
I'm closing this thread down. Sorry guys.
Ken