Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What is it, kyosho electric 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Capn America
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is it, kyosho electric 4x4?

I picked up this old electric 4x4 truck with twin engines. Im not sure what it is, it has a few kyosho markings on parts but i have not been able to id it yet. It needs a front motor and and upper ball joint link and it looks like it would run again. any idea what it is? There is a dodge and chevy body but i dont think either looks original. It really looks like the same front and rear end bolted on either end of a casket shaped radio box. I would guess it to be pretty early (old), just trying to put something together to play with the kids rustler and stampede. Sure wish i still had my old tamyia f-150... thanks for any info guys.

Sean

Old 09-12-2012, 08:02 PM
BKoz559

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: What is it, kyosho electric 4x4?

It's a Kyosho USA-1. Circa 1990 or so. This was basically the only competitor to Tamiya's Clodbuster at the time. Ihave an old owner's guide that has parts of the cover cut away. It's free if you want it. PM me your address and I'll send it.

The Chevy body looks original, but Ithought they used to come with hard plastic bodies like the old Tamiya trucks. I'm probably wrong, but notice it has a hole in the hood. That's where the decorative air cleaners poked through.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Capn America

I believe you are correct, the pictures i found look right, the body is wrong its a cheap thin plastic one not the hard body of the period. I will pm you my address thanks.

Could you tell me from that book if the front arms that are broke are the da-27 part #? I found some but i cant see then well enough to make sure the top arm is the right style.

Thanks again
Old 09-13-2012, 08:53 PM
BKoz559

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From what I can tell, the upper rectangular block that the threaded rod screw into is a DA-27.  It looks like the drive shafts (DA-24) might be tweeked too.

The book isn't in perfect condition, but it has good info.  I'll get it on it's way.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Capn America

Thank you. I found a cool stamped metal grave digger toy body last night in the kids stuff that is within an inch of the wheel base Im going to put on it for now.

Thanks
Sean