Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HPI mini recon slow forward fast reverse

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Ah_ciD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI mini recon slow forward fast reverse

hey i have a hpi mini recon and it is twice as fast in reverse as it is in forwards... i have reversed my motor leads and switched my controller to match and still nothing. i cannot find any setup info on the rf-40. i am wondering if there is some kind of setting ? it used to work fine ... scratching my head here... anyone got any ideas?
Old 03-22-2013, 04:50 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HPI mini recon slow forward fast reverse

center your trim, and recalibrate the ESC
Wish I could tell you how to, but I never had to do it cause mine burnt on its 2nd use...
Old 03-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Ah_ciD

thats what i need to know.. anyone on here know how to recalibrate my esc or reciver?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:36 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

hmm looking at the instructions it seems it might be like the EN-1 and auto calibrate as it completely lacks the documentation on calibration (like the EN-1)...
Well that and you said after you reversed the motor, and the radio switches it still does the same thing.

you don't calibrate a radio btw that is all ESC side...

question if you just flip the radios reverse for chan 2 will the RC go faster in reverse (when you press the trigger to go forward)?
cause if it goes faster like that you could probably just flip the front, and rear differentials over to make it go forward
Old 03-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Ah_ciD

what are the 2 resistor looking things attached to the 2 motor leads? if one of those burnt out would it make the motor turn slower?

Old 03-28-2013, 05:04 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

you prolly mean the ceramic capacitors to ease the kick back from when you go into reverse, and forward as well as lowers the noise if I remember my electronics theory right when it comes to motors.

and no that would not slow it down