Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Battery Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:01 AM
DiscoStu666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Help

Hi Guys

I'm fairly new to the brushless power, I have had my Traxxas Slash for a little while just messing about bashing etc. However I took the whole thing apart gave it a complete clean, serviced the diffs, shocks some new pieces and started thinking I would look at using this a little more and try and get more out of it.

My question is at the moment I am using a 11.1v - 3s with a 25c discharge rate, when buying a new battery if I was to increase the maximum discharge rate would I gain more performance in the form of acceleration and top speed?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-plaz...roducts/368216

The above link show the battery I am thinking of getting obviously with a Traxxas connector.

If someone could give me a pointer if I am on the right t4rack to get more from my existing vehicle, as I was going to buy a new vehicle in the form of a Vorza just to get more performance and do understand that with Vorza will accept 6s which obviously doubles the amount of voltage that the ESC can accept.

Many Thanks for any help you can offer.

Stuart
Old 10-12-2013, 09:14 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PHWEEEW!!! 107 pounds for a Lipo?? Ouch! Sounds a little steep to me. To answer your question: Would you see more top speed? Perhaps, but doubtful. Would you see better acceleration? OH yeah! And better mid-range power. I think you would also get a better battery life from a higher C-rated pack. It won't get as hot as a lower C pack will, therefore, better life. Be sure to use the Storage Charge mode on your charger, to put a storage charge on your lipos when you're done for the day. Leaving your packs charged or discharged will shorten their life significantly.

Consider looking at Gens Ace lipos. MUCH better pricing for the same kind of pack. Good quality too. That HPI pack is WAY too much.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:23 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In theory yes.....

Well that's going on the theory that the better quality cells won't drop as much volts under load... And they will hold a higher voltage for longer.

But will it be even noticeable? Don't know.... Anyone's guess