Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Savage Brushless Conversion - How to route wires (pics please)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Savage Brushless Conversion - How to route wires (pics please)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 04:11 PM
jbsmith05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Brushless Conversion - How to route wires (pics please)

So I'm in the middle of converting my savage to brushless. I'm using a Tacon 2150kv 4074 motor with the hobbywing 150A esc. I got the motor and esc today but am having a difficult time figuring the best way to route the wires.

Can I bend the motor's wires???

Can some people here post some pictures of how they routed their wires - in a brushless conversion??

Thanks....her's where the way I left mine...

Old 10-28-2013, 04:33 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I dont have a savage, but I'd ziptie them to the motor mount. You can bend the motor wires, but I wouldnt go nuts with it either. Are the plugs pushed all the way in? I see some gold color showing at the connection, I am always paranoid about shorts, I'd add extra heat shrink or black tape or something before I bundled and ziptied. I'd see if you can fit them through the motor mount and zip them to the side of it, providing they won't rub on the spur. But there may not be enough room for that.