Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Noobie help. Batteries, chargers, power supplies.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 02:26 PM
cditch13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noobie help. Batteries, chargers, power supplies.

Good evening all, I just purchased a used thunder tiger MT4 G3. I have been searching various forums and have purchased these batteries http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=18643

I also purchased the HobbyKing E4 balance charger. Being a Noobie I didn't know it didn't come with a power supply. Reading the forums someone said I could use a 15V 5A laptop power chord. Is that correct? Will any work as long as they have those ratings? I found a bunch on newegg cheap. If that isn't the solution what is?
Old 12-01-2013, 08:08 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

assuming the plugs work and its atleast 40watts yes it will work
Old 12-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Barrymartin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes agree with you echthelion the plugs work atleast 40watts .... Great Batteries have used in many other of my cars and have been very satisfied ......
Old 12-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, they are good batteries. The only problem I see is that they are a bit long. You may be able to squeeze them in, but IIRC, the MT4 battery bay is 140 in length, these batteries are 149 including cable. Like I say, with a bit of squishing you may be ok.