Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Old School Newb with a few ?'s for ya'll

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 02:07 AM
ninnimuggins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old School Newb with a few ?'s for ya'll

Hey everyone. I have been lurking on here for a bit and decided to join since I just bought a new RedCat Tornado EPX Pro. I am not brand new to the hobby but have been out of it for many years. I raced competitively for about 5-6 years in the mid-late 80's. I owned a few R/C10s, a Clod Buster, and a Lunch Box, back in the day. I have always been a big fan of the hobby even when I wasn't racing. I just got together and sold most of my "oldies" and bought this Tornado. I have a few questions though that I wasn't able to find the answers to.

1. I want road tired when I'm bashing on the street and don't wanna shred these stock tires on the pavement. I have come to the conclusion that the HPI wheels are recommended and know they need to be 2.2/12mm hex. I also have determined that the Proline tires are recommended as well. Now I am trying to pair them up. The confusion lies in not knowing how to pair them up and not sure if it will fit on the axel with little/no modifications. I know Proline has Speed Hawgs/Road Rage etc. I am also not sure of the other specs of the stock tires(offset, inner/outer diameter etc.). I have been trying to pair these up to get a set and need some help clarifying. Please help make this more simple.

2. Growing up with the R/C10's was so much fun with the customizing of them, mainly the lexan bodies. I had about 10 of them and even though they were all very different they all fit the posts and looked great. I am guessing other than the standard motors, batteries, some upgraded parts, wheels/tires are pretty much it for this car. Am I right? I don't have any of my lexans left to even try to match it up. Would 1/10 lexans fit this buggy or am I stuck with the stock buggy body?

Thanks everyone. I look forward to re-learning this hobby and cant wait to get some upgrades.

Last edited by ninnimuggins; 02-10-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:27 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

The Redcat Tornado is pretty unsupported body-wise, so you will be stuck with the stock lexan.

These tires will wokr with your Redcat; http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tra/tra...FZNj7AodeGIANw
Old 02-10-2014, 06:16 PM
frizz4lif

Have you checked out www.cookevillehobby.com yet?
Old 02-10-2014, 09:27 PM
ninnimuggins

Ok. Thanks I will check out the Anaconda wheels and check out cookevillehobby site as well. It looks like this car isn't much for customizing? Pretty strict on wheels/tires and NO lexan bodies. Looks like I need to get me an RC10 as well just so I can make it my own and different from everyone else's car.. These wheels, though they are 12mm hex, they aren't 2.2's. What is the range of size wheels/tires that can go for this car? I also need to know the offset for the stock wheels if I'm also looking for aftermarket to make sure they fit on the axle. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

as for bodies check out 1/10 stadium trucks. I 99% sure they have the same wheel base...
even things like the scx10, stampede, savage and MT2 bodies...

big thing to check is the wheelbase