Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

gearing ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 06:39 AM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gearing ?

Ok so since my 3s puffed im wondering, can I gear my exo to have the same speed on 2s as it did on 3s? I run on loose dirt/gravel.
It has an sc8 esc and a ex run 4065 2700kv, its geared 13/52 right now. My temps on 3s was ~125 on the motor and esc was ~90°f
Its too slow right now, im just trying to see if I can get the speed out of it I know it can do. Ive read some guys are all like "i can get my car to be just as fast as that on 2s"
Old 05-13-2014, 03:45 AM
Northern Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zackS30
Ok so since my 3s puffed im wondering, can I gear my exo to have the same speed on 2s as it did on 3s? I run on loose dirt/gravel.
It has an sc8 esc and a ex run 4065 2700kv, its geared 13/52 right now. My temps on 3s was ~125 on the motor and esc was ~90°f
Its too slow right now, im just trying to see if I can get the speed out of it I know it can do. Ive read some guys are all like "i can get my car to be just as fast as that on 2s"
At 125, if the temp goes up proportionally (which it won't), you'll be over 180'F (in theory). I would just order a new 3s or two and take the puffed one out to the shooting range.

On a side note.... With all the talk I've seen lately, I'm getting concerned with my 4s 5000mah battery. Its a hard case but has been taking longer lately to balance (I only balance). Other then pulling the hardcase apart, is there any other way to check for issues?
Old 05-13-2014, 07:39 AM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok then, ill just quit being cheap and get a new 3s.

The only thing I could think of is to put it in storage and leave it sitting for a few days then hook up a LVC and see if a cell reads lower than the rest. Thats what I did and then after I charged it to try to bring the cell back..... Poof...