Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Am I really brave enough to build the 100mph truck?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 04:46 PM
PowerNoodle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I really brave enough to build the 100mph truck?

Hi everyone, so first of all this is my first post so bear with me here. I have the exceed rc rtr dynamite brushless and I love it. I beat that truck senseless and it just comes back for more. I can run it into the ground and with a little cleaning its as good as new. But like any other gear head I want more. Im fairly new into the world of rc and don't know what to look for and what to stay away from. So heres my question to everyone out there:

I want to turn my truck into something insane. I caught my eye on the 100mph traxxas car and now I want to see if I can push the truck to do that. How would I go about it and what should I do? I don't have a bunch of money but I also don't want cheap breakable parts either. Can anyone help me? Is 100mph with fast acceleration even possible in a truck?

Please fill me in and thank you all in advance!
Old 09-29-2014, 08:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

with what you have no.

Trucks mostly no I've not seen one over 60-70 as they are not aerodynamic, and are too far off the ground so air causes lift, and they kinda take off, and flip in the air.

Cars yes people onthis site have gotten the OFNA GTP2e to 120mph for under what the traxxas one costs.(still costs over $500 btw to do)
Old 10-01-2014, 07:09 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with syco, no way that truck would handle 100mph with out taking off.
and I don't see the drive line been handle the power of a 100mph setup

Last edited by phmaximus; 10-01-2014 at 07:12 PM.