Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rustler tranny case.. Black or Grey?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:46 AM
James c harrell
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rustler tranny case.. Black or Grey?

What is the difference, other than the color, in the black and the grey tranny case? I have both and have all metal gears for them but don't know what the difference is. I would just use the grey case but they are getting a little beat up. Wheelie bar bolt holes cracked out and such. I haven't used any of my black ones till now so I thought I would ask. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

outside the color?
The black one makes it 10X faster

Seriously though outside the color nothing is different.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:44 PM
CptKlink

The only difference between the two is the dye color they used while making the part.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:06 PM
James c harrell

Well that will save the cost of buying a new case. Is there any new thing other than steel gears to help them last longer. I am currently running a loose slipper to try and save parts but the slipper on the traxxas is alot more sensitive than the one on my Losi. I mean 1/4 turn on the traxxas and you'll strip gears but the losi will take a whole turn with the same affect. What is the best aftermarket tranny for the Traxxas these days??
Old 12-19-2014, 06:14 PM
bullwishes

Originally Posted by James c harrell
Well that will save the cost of buying a new case. Is there any new thing other than steel gears to help them last longer. I am currently running a loose slipper to try and save parts but the slipper on the traxxas is alot more sensitive than the one on my Losi. I mean 1/4 turn on the traxxas and you'll strip gears but the losi will take a whole turn with the same affect. What is the best aftermarket tranny for the Traxxas these days??
I got the pro line heavy duty performance transmition and wow so smooth and EXTREMELY TOUGH is around 100 bucks but good luck breaking it the things almost as bullet proof a part you can get in rc parts
Old 12-19-2014, 07:14 PM
James c harrell

Will have to give a look. How is the slipper on it?
Old 12-19-2014, 07:35 PM
bullwishes

I will be honest i race on a tight track and haven't had to mess with it once i just bolted it up and ran it but it's a bit different the spur gear is way heavier duty then stock i ran a whole qualifier with my gap so wide pinion was barely catching spur gear causei didn't have the motor mounting screws tight enough that the motor moved wheni hit the big double and there was hardly even any plastic shavings in the cover and the spur was fine. The whole thing feels 100% stronger
Old 12-20-2014, 08:55 PM
bullwishes

Last edited by bullwishes; 12-23-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:58 PM
bullwishes

Last edited by bullwishes; 12-23-2014 at 12:59 AM.