Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Please help with brushless setup!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 05:14 PM
jkomerzan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with brushless setup!

Okay, so I ordered a Red Cat Volcano EPX brushed version rc car. I am currently converting to a brushless setup, and I bought a Leopard Brushless 510 6650kv motor. I don't know what esc to get, or what battery. On the description it says Lipo cell count: 2s but a motor like this should be able to take more?! Please help me! With battery size like mah, and what esc and how to make sure it will all work together. Thanks
Old 09-30-2015, 07:03 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With such a high kv rating its not surprising it can only do 2s. Maybe a hobby wing system like the hobby wing sc8 or a castle MMP or one like that.
As far as mah you'll want a 5000mah atleast IMO. Anything less and run times will suck. You will also need to have some smaller pinion gears(if stock is a 20t pinion with that you will more than likely NEED to gear DOWN to maybe a 15t or 16t.) Motor temps will get high and you will fry the motor and the esc shortly after.
Is 510 the can size? That volcano should probably come with a 540 can (motor) if its a 510 thats obviously smaller and will probably struggle.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:57 AM
jkomerzan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry Zack, I missed a detail and the leopard motor is a 540.