Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Electronic Expert Needed Insided of my ESC!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Rapidito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Expert Needed Insided of my ESC!!!

Hi, I have an HPI Blur ESC and somehow the on-off swicth was tangle with a driveshaft and the wires were tear off the ESC board. While trying to solder the wires back in the ESC, I make the problem worse and now I don't have were to solder the negative wire. Look at the picture:

And this is a picture of what is suppose to be:

Does anyone knows if there's another place in the board were I can solder the negative wire or any other idea?
Old 11-04-2015, 09:02 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have an ohm meter? If the pad you ripped off is truly the "negative" or ground connection, and there is still a tiny bit of trace left, you should be able to place one probe there, and place the other probe on the ground end of one of those square yellow capacitors, and read zero ohms. That would be your other ground point. Do you see the points I'm talking about? On the missing pad, it looks like there are a couple spots of silver or at least one. If your ohm meter probe has a sharp tip, it should be able to make contact. If it can't, and you cannot verify that spot and the negative end of one of those caps are the same ground.......you could chance it. Looking at your picture, magnifying, I can make out some of the traces and layers on the circuit board. (I used to do this kind of stuff for a living, and do it looking thru a microscope. See those tiniest of little components, look like fly-specs? Used to solder those all day long.) I'm reasonably sure the neg end of those two caps are ground.

Last edited by EXT2Rob; 11-04-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Rapidito

Thanks, I check with a multimeter and found another ground point!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 07:12 PM
soacyeuopar

it looks like there are a couple spots of silver or at least one.