Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Redcat Everest 10 steering issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Redcatken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Everest 10 steering issue

Hello, new to rc crawling. I purchased a redcat Everest 10. Worked perfect first day. Second day losing control of steering. Throttle still works perfect but servo seems to be glitching , or whatever controls the servo. It randomly stops working completely and even while not trying to steer the servo will twitch and slowly turn as sharp as it can to the left until the servo arm rotates all the way over to the top of servo. I have tried using the fine tuning adjustment through the remote and does not correct issue. Also steering cuts in and out completely. Servo and voltage regulator immediately get quiet hot during this issue . I can't tell if this is a sign of bad servo, or a regulator issue. , or maybe an issue with the remote . Any help would be great. Thanks FYI I did even try another set of brand new batteries in the remote just to make sure .
Old 09-02-2017, 12:10 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

This is a case where I would do the old "switcheroo". Swap the servo and ESC plugs on the receiver. Now you'll be able to control the RC's steering servo with the transmitter's trigger and control the RC's throttle with the transmitter's wheel. Careful if you have any transmitter steering/throttle trim settings other than in the "neutral" zone. More than likely you have a bad servo if it still acts up while it's in receiver's channel 2 input.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Volcanodude18

usually the stock servos in redcats are pretty garbage I think it's a hexifly brand they use. I had a lot of steering issues with my volcano and they seemed to go away once I upgraded my servo. The servos they use I feel are to weak in torque. I bought a tatic servo and it works amazing now.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Redcatken

Thanks I will give that a try
Old 09-14-2017, 08:47 AM
Redcatken

Swapped plugs on receiver , and indeed the servo was bad. Already replaced it and we are back in business . Thanks for your help !
Old 09-15-2017, 05:09 AM
Jim85IROC

what servo did you go with?