Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rc Vacation

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 08:01 PM
Ineedhelpalways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rc Vacation

Just want to know good types of rc trucks for Hawaii. Gonna be going there and have a stadium truck but don't know what else to get. I also have a mt4 g5 but it is giant and also have a mt4 g5 thunder tiger but it is to big for us to take it.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:52 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Check the rules of flying with LiPo batteries.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:24 PM
Userofmuchtape@glue

Check out the Basher 1/16 Bad bug and the Turnigy mini trooper 1/16 cars.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:47 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Ineedhelpalways
Just want to know good types of rc trucks for Hawaii. Gonna be going there and have a stadium truck but don't know what else to get. I also have a mt4 g5 but it is giant and also have a mt4 g5 thunder tiger but it is to big for us to take it.
I'm assuming you will be running the RCs in the sand. Take nothing smaller than a 1/10 scale if that is the case. A stadium truck would be perfect. The wider tires would give the platform a better chance of riding on top of the sand (with paddle tires in the rear of course).

If going to be driving something on solid ground...anything goes.

This situation will be coming up for me in the next year (not Hawaii) while we are at the shore. I had originally thought about taking the Yeti, but buying 4 paddle tires for only a couple of days use in the sand seems like a waste. So, paddle tires and the Evader ST, or the RC10T4.x it will be.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:25 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Check the rules of flying with LiPo batteries.
pretty straight forward rules here, I take them all the time as carry-on:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf
Views:	42
Size:	551.1 KB
ID:	2245836

As far as taking cars to the beach, I would consider getting one that is waterproof and being sure to rinse it clean after every use to minimize corrosion from the elements. After the car is dried in the sun, then I would spray all the metal parts with some Liquid Wrench Lubricating spray.

I would probably stick with the least expensive cars I could find too... sandy beaches really shorten the lifespan.... I would go with 2WD ECX cars if it were me.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:02 PM
DieHarder

I know for a fact that there are two big RC clubs out there. One is RC drifting and the other is crawling. I would recommend either.