Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Team Associated B44.1 and .2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 03:27 PM
moijk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Associated B44.1 and .2?

I saw in the local classified someone selling one of each, and I've been looking at cars to take the kid to the local track with and while the models are both old and discontinued, how is getting parts and is it worth getting? they were cheap, so it would have been an easy investment to have some fun father/son thing that improved skill more than our usual bashing.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:48 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

The B44 is not the most durable platform, but most parts are still plentiful from what I can see during a quick search for chassis, diffs, arms, and drive shafts. It's the center driveline parts that should be of concern...I could not find any .
Old 12-19-2018, 05:45 AM
moijk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyUs
The B44 is not the most durable platform, but most parts are still plentiful from what I can see during a quick search for chassis, diffs, arms, and drive shafts. It's the center driveline parts that should be of concern...I could not find any .
Thank you for that reply. That's very helpful. that's quite critical to have the right parts for that and not close approximations. Still didn't take me off the thought totally. but rather give me a reason for a lower bid so that I could use it at a starting point but not have too much invested in case the chassis has to be replaced because of lack of required parts.