Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Team Associated SC10 Gears

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 08:49 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Team Associated SC10 Gears

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/teamassociated/parts/details/9827-ASC9827-sc10_complete_gear_diff/

The idler gear that comes in the 91466 set is not usable with the SC10... you'll see that when you read the overview on Associated's website.

There are Robinson Racing #2355 steel idler gears out there as well, that are cheaper than the now inflate stock composite ones, that will work in the SC10. Do I recommend those steel idlers gears? No. If you are desperate, then I guess it's possible that you got to do what you got to do. If you do go the direction of the steel idler gear, and because the weakest point/link would be shifted, I'd recommend on sourcing at least another top shaft, and more gear diff cases for a spares.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:51 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

There are reports out there that say you can use Axial idler gears for a replacement. Although an Axial SCX10 idler gear does have 28 teeth, they do use 5x10mm bearings VS. a SC10's idler gear that uses 3/8x3/16" bearings. That minute amount of difference would not set good with me.

Also, I found the pictures I once used in the interwebs to show the difference in tooth count between the "4" series, and "5" series idler gears. The bearings/shaft that go inside the two idler gears are different.