Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

RJ Speed 3.2 Sport revival 2024

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2024, 05:42 PM
krispy378

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RJ Speed 3.2 Sport revival 2024

Greetings, wanted to share this RJ Speed 3.2 Sport with everyone. Built this a couple years ago, and recently made some upgrades to it. Upgrades include vintage Speedworks Pole Position motor, Tekin G12 speed control, a 20T pinion gear, and a Whiplash GP 6-cell 3300mAH battery pack. The car has a vintage Futaba Magnum 2PL radio, body painted to look like Terry Labonte's stock car. This is a nice, fast, and good handling car at my local track... should be very fast with the pole position motor, reminds me a lot of the Bolink cars. Gonna go to the track soon. Have a good time with RC

The following users liked this post:
suburban_hooligan (01-28-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 11:24 AM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

wow, old school. cool!
Old 01-28-2024, 11:47 AM
krispy378

Yes indeed, im definitely old school. The modern stuff is absolutely incredible, but old school is my home. The car is still fast, just not nuclear lipo brushless fast. Its almost like how some perceive a certain period Corvette as slower or slow. To the uninitiated ANY Corvette is a fast car so to speak. This RJ runs nice up at our local track. Good speed and lots of grip. Its a good car to learn with imho... Best wishes to all🏁🔧🙂
Old 01-28-2024, 12:52 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

the old pan cars just work. iv got an old Bolink Eliminator, only i swapped over to brushless, it's got a 13.5 motor and runs a 2s lipo. iv never run it on a track, just empty parking lots and the street out in front of my house. iv let a few other people drive it, it's great at teaching throttle control.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:46 AM
krispy378

Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan
the old pan cars just work. iv got an old Bolink Eliminator, only i swapped over to brushless, it's got a 13.5 motor and runs a 2s lipo. iv never run it on a track, just empty parking lots and the street out in front of my house. iv let a few other people drive it, it's great at teaching throttle control.
Throttle control is so important. As a kid i always used way to much throttle, and steering for that matter. Even just a pan car and a silver can 540 you can get yourself into trouble! Smooth and steady, control before speed. Teaching the boy that. That brushless bolink must be a rocket ship...