Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Deans....

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 07:43 PM
mtrchamp
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deans....

I have a Duratrax Evader that I've hopped up and recently switched to deans. So far I have put deans on the ESC and Batteries. i still have the bullet style connectors on the motor, should I switch them out with the deans? I know the bullet connectors cause a lot of electronic friction, so should I switch them?
Old 10-21-2003, 07:54 PM
Billiam411

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Deans....

If you want to, just make sure that the ESC's battery wire is male and motor wire is female, and the motor's wires are male and the batteries are female. This way you don't screw up plugging the motor into the battery wire and vise versa
Old 10-21-2003, 08:11 PM
raceme

how do you charge batteries with dean connectors do you have to change the charger plug too or use gator clamps
Old 10-21-2003, 08:21 PM
mtrchamp

you have to use another deans. You use the male connector on the end of the charger. What kind of charger do you have? I have the duratrax intellipeak charger. ON the front of it, there is a plug for wires, you take a deans and solder it to wires, then I put it in the plugs it works great
Old 10-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the output set of "gator clamps" cut off of my Reedy Quasar Pro charger and deans connectors spliced in between. I also had a deans connection spliced into another adapter for charging through a three-way on/off switch. Then some of my battery packs are set up with deans connectors as well. This permits the charger to charge using three different methods: deans to clips, deans to Y adaptor, or direct deans connection.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:26 PM
mtrchamp

oh, did that work well? There are multiple ways of hooking deans up to chargers
Old 10-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Very well. It's also very simple for me just to plug and charge between the different model setups though I have yet to use those alligator clips.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:10 PM
mtrchamp

oh, that's cool, I should try that on my charger, it has a seperate plug for alligatopr clips and they are on a tamyia plug, I should switch it do deans so I can charger batteries from it too.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:36 PM
cjg

I didn't want to cut the tamiya's off my chargers and rish voiding a warrenty so I simply saved the tamiya plug I clipped off the battery and made an adaptor which seems to work very well. My daughter still has tamiya on her truck (she can't unplug dean's yet) so I can still charge both kinds this way.

When I get all batteries converted, and warranty is expired I will simply solder dean's plug onto the charger connection.

YES to changing bullet plugs on motor to deans. you will notice a remarkable improvement. To avoid plugging my battery into motor wire, etc I fed the wires from the esc to the motor through one of the small openings in rear shock tower, then soldered on dean's plug. Motor plug is easily accessable from rear of truck and you don't have problem with wires flopping around.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:49 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I guess I voided the charger warranty right out of the box. Then again, some of the engines don't even ship with a warranty.