Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Vintage RC10

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 07:51 AM
vintRC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage RC10

I just pulled my old car out. I have not used it in years. When I put it away I was in the process of purchasing a Graphite chassis for it. I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find one. Everything is so new and updated. I was wondering though if any of the newer products (chassis) can be swapped into the old RC10 without much difficulty? Or does anyone know of a good chassis I could swap in?

I will mostly want it for off-road but I will have some street tires to run it in front off my house but I am mainly looking for an off-road chassis.

Thanks

Wade
Old 02-09-2004, 08:03 AM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Vintage RC10

well whats the name of your rc and who made it?
Old 02-09-2004, 08:12 AM
vintRC10

RC10 Team Associated. Purchased about 10yrs. ago. You can find people selling them on ebay but I don't see any upgraded with the graphite chassis. The RC10 was the best electric buggy made in its time. The Kyosha Ultima was its next big competitor. Now RC10 has a B4 buggy which indicates to me my buggy has been re-done 4 times since I purchased.

Wade
Old 02-09-2004, 05:38 PM
vintRC10

Paperclip racer you said it is like the B4. Are you saying a chassis for a RC10 B4 can be used or swaped into a vintage RC10?

Any other views? Ideas?
Old 02-09-2004, 05:55 PM
bcmbcmbcm

I have a graphite chassis with a built in wide front end. It is made by Trinity and I am the original owner. I just restored my old rc10 and used a new aluminum tub. I am a little conflicted about letting it go but might do so if it is going to the right person and for the right price of course. I also have the trinity front shock tower on there, which is also graphite, and necessary since it is wider than stock. There is also a kydex front bumper on there which is wider to match the chassis. There is also a hot trick servo saver, which I also bought new. It is not ball bearing, but rides on the threads of the screws. It is sloppier than a ball bearing one but it will never break.

Brett
Old 02-10-2004, 04:37 AM
dioncuda

I just took off the gold and polished it.
It is tougher than the graphite.
If it gets scratched up sand it and re-polish.Works good.
Lets see a pic of yours. (vintRC 10)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60778.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	99414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79362.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	99415  
Old 02-10-2004, 11:59 AM
DCFLYYER
My Feedback: (5)

I wouldn't sink alot into it. I did a conversion on a rc10 to a rc10t the truck version I have both now and are still good for kicking around. If your going to race you got to go lighter weight. I also have a B4 and don't think the rc10 tranny will convert to the b4 chassis.

Now if tour thinking of converting rc10 to the rc10t (truck) you'll need front and rear (A arms ) rear dog bone axels, front shock tower (can be made) and front shock plunger (inside Shaft) Front tie rod (can be made) body mounts ( you can get a set of universal) and 4 Tires and wheels. and a body.

I have seen some of the associated parts in the bargain bin at my LHS from time to time you might want to check your's

I was lucky in my conversion I bought a box of parts for $25.00 from a local guy who had sold his rc10T

I don't have my cars and parts handy but if you decide to do a conversion I can check it out in depth for you.

Remember batteries and motors have changed also! (better)

dcflyyer
Old 02-10-2004, 07:59 PM
vintRC10

If I do a RC10t conversion can I use the chassis of a T3. I found one of these I guy will sell me pretty cheap. It already has alot of the conversion parts you mentioned. I just wasn't sure if the T3 would be compatible with what I already have.

I'm really not looking to race but I would like to have a nice setup even though its old. I mean my money is mainly going to go towards new battery and charger. The car will remain as it is if its going to cst an arm and a leg. If I get serious I will definitely upgrade.

Any suggestions on Battery, or Motor to run. I never ran a modified motor and would like to do so and find a good battery to handle it. My ESC is a Tenkin pro tempfet. Thats all the esc has on it to identify it. Does anyone know if it can handle a modified?
Old 02-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Gecko

You may b able to rig something up for the RC10T. Check this site...The "snake" chassis. http://www.variantracing.com/
Old 02-11-2004, 07:08 PM
dragbikebam

your rc10 is a collectors piece..you will not have much of a chance in compitition..keep the gold chassy its worth more with it..trance