Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Facing a dilemna...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Facing a dilemna...

i have a problem and i dont know what to do.
1) i can either get a brand new Tamiya Blazing Star kit
2)i can completely upgrade my HPI Dash until it is no longer a Dash

if i get the new car then, of course, it is brand new with on road and offroad capabilities
if i upgrade my dash then it may go faster than the buggy because i can start off with an ESC and i already have a modified motor.

heres my problem: i want the new car but i also want speed. if the dash is going to go faster than the buggy then i want that but then again i want the buggy because it is brand new and supposed to be a more reliable car. both of my options will cost about the same. what should i do? i know most of you will say go with the tamiya or suggest a new car altogether. forget about everything youve heard about the dash and think about it not being a dash anymore with completely new electronics and new setup. think about this and give me an honest answer. i have about 2 weeks to think about it but wouldnt mind some answers fast to give me some ideas. thanks for the help.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:02 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Facing a dilemna...

I'm all about Tamiya but is there any other cars in that price range you like, it just looks like not many TRF options, it may limit you in upgrades. Nice things take time to build, dumping alot of cash into stuff all at once you tend not to appreciate as much then working over a long period of time to upgrade imop. I don't know much about HPI and haven't heard much on there production quality. Just figure what will be more up to date, which allows more options and upgrades for what your wanting to do. I like building/buying new kits as well but if your on a budget usually buying used can save you hundred's of dollars.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:02 AM

I don't think you can upgrade the Dash
Old 02-28-2004, 02:46 AM

I don't think you can upgrade the Dash
can you not read? i said i was taking out all of the electronics. therefore the dash would be upgradeable. the electronics are the only thing that stop you from upgrading the dash. you can still put on shocks, tires, bearings, and with the electronics gone a new motor can be added.

i think ill go with the tamiya. its just a better all around car. chassis was designed for this stuff and it comes stock with oil-filled shocks. just wish i could get an ESC for it but i dont have the money and probably wont for a while.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:28 AM

just as a footnote...ANYTHING can be upgraded, just depends on you skill, time and money.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:34 PM

just as a footnote...ANYTHING can be upgraded, just depends on you skill, time and money.
i agree. and upgrading the dash wont take that much money. ive been looking at everything on it after completely taking it apart. the shocks are excellent coil-over shocks, the tires are great x-tread, and you wont find rims that look like them on any stock car. the only problems are the integrated receiver and 340 size motor. i still dont know wut i want to do though.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:31 PM

is there any way you could post pics of the internals? i am not familiar with the car but would like to have a look at it.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:23 PM

here are pics of the space i have to work with and the chip and servo. all electronics will be removed if i go on with the project. ive been looking and i may be able to push a Tamiya ABT Audi TT-R DTM(based on the ta04-ss chassis).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46770.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	106759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22666.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	106760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24637.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	34.5 KB