Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

ive decided

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ive decided

i have now decided to completely upgrade my HPI Dash. im going to be getting a duratrax intelispeed ESC that handles(i beleive) 12 turns. this will be coupled with a 14t quad motor that ive already bought(back before i knew the dash wasnt upgradeable stock) and a futaba AM radio. there will be some trimming of the chassis and the steering servo will be replaced. i truly beleive that with these modifications that the dash will be a competitive rc car(it will not be used for racing) any advice would help and you cant talk me out of my project

id also like to say that if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. i know wut most of you are thinking. i will post pics when im done but i cant guarantee theyll be in this post.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:46 AM

Default RE: ive decided

I would like to see it when you are done...
Old 02-29-2004, 03:35 PM

If your going to be converting it at least go with an FM radio
you get alot less interception and better range overall they are better you get more channels to chose from
I also bought a 3 channel so I dont have to upgrade If I ever need a 3rd channel for say a Savage or something like that
Nick
Old 02-29-2004, 06:43 PM

i cant be spendin that much money to get an FM. im happy with AM right now. i dont have any interest in racing or anything. i am having second thoughts on upgrading though.