Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

son's present

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 10:19 PM
drmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default son's present

My son is 7 and really likes his Associated T3.. He uses it for backyard bashing, jumping, and at times he will go to a track to "race" it around -- on his own.

He likes "ricer" cars --

What rc car and body would you guys recommend for him????
Old 03-04-2004, 10:39 PM
Gecko

Default RE: son's present

By "ricer" I assume you mean Imports. You will have to stick with stadium truck bodies due to the rear shock tower on the T3. In which case you should look at the Crowd Pleazer. It has a slightly sleeker and lower profile then the stock Seirra. You will have to build a piece or detrimently modified the rear T3 shock tower to get any type of Import body on. Another remedy may be to paint it with shadows mimicing that of an Import racer.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:47 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

(ricer) maybe he means racer cars. but yea go with the crowdpleaser
Old 03-05-2004, 01:35 AM
drmac

Ricer.... Import..... Fast and the Furious...........

Where can I find a Crowd Pleaser....

Also, I did not mean that I had to stick with the stadium truck (T3).... I would consider buying him a new/different car....... I have seen onroad cars that are imports what would be a good one for him? Also, I have never painted a body (and remember he is only 7) so I would like to buy a completed car.

Anybody got a good, quick, fun car/set up for sale????
Old 03-05-2004, 01:43 AM
Gecko

Get a TC3 It's become the white bread, but still worth it. It's completly upgradable (Titanium, Aluminum, Carbon Fiber, Giant bumpers etc.). Towerhobbies.com has them for about $200 RTR w/ painted body. As for the Import bodies, Look through Tower for 200mm bodies.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:39 AM
mark374

definetely look for the tc3 or xxx-s. I have the tc3, I got it slightly used off ebay for $150 and it had all electronics, remote and upgrades and a couple bodies. I would recommend looking at ebay for a used car, as you will find the best deals there, and the on-road cars are very clean, as they arent in the dirt and most of the time people sell them because they were impulse buys that they never used.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:56 PM
LosiFan

http://www.prolineracing.com/proline.html

ST bodies.