Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Best car to start out racin?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 10:15 AM
WindMan04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best car to start out racin?

I live near a hobby shop and to be in the novice class you have to have a car with all the original things on it like original motor, original battery, and so on and I am looking to buy a car that I can race in that class with for a while, but then upgrade everything to go faster and to upgrade to a better class. Which kind of car wold be best to buy that is fast but doesn't push the limits to be in the novice class. I am looking toward $200 to $300 dollars. If anyone can help with this decision it would be helpful. Thanx
Old 04-09-2004, 02:29 PM
mat_m

Default RE: Best car to start out racin?

Search button....
Old 04-09-2004, 02:46 PM
JordanT

Most rtrs should be fine fine but there are some that are better then others. My picks would be either the XXX-S or TC 3. You can also buy a kit like a tamiya tb-02 or hpi rs4 but that will cost you more money. If your gonna be racing i would say go with the XXX-s and upgrade it later you get a good radio with it and the single belt drivetrain is easy to maintain. Plus there are tons of upgrades for it. But you should also consider what your local hobby shop sells the most parts for because you don't want to be waiting to get spare parts especially if you planon racing.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:08 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Windman, are you sure it is not a "spec" or legends class? That is what it sounds like when you say original everything.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:28 AM
Revs

go for the tc3 just cos its so popular your local hobby shop will without a doubt stiock the most parts for it.......
Old 04-11-2004, 06:55 AM
mhs2008

ORIGINAL: WindMan04

I live near a hobby shop and to be in the novice class you have to have a car with all the original things on it like original motor, original battery, and so on and I am looking to buy a car that I can race in that class with for a while, but then upgrade everything to go faster and to upgrade to a better class. Which kind of car wold be best to buy that is fast but doesn't push the limits to be in the novice class. I am looking toward $200 to $300 dollars. If anyone can help with this decision it would be helpful. Thanx
Is this on road or off road. If it is off road I would suggest either the rc10t4 or the xxx-t. I really like my T4 and as many other people say, its a good truck. Im not a Losi guy so i have no clue how the xxx-t handles but I have heard great things about it. If You are talking about on road I would have no clue what to suggest.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:20 PM
WindMan04

I want an on-road. And the race is where you can't uprade the engine or else you would have to go on a better division of racing.