Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

RS4 Rally in Rain

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 11:55 PM
danlee1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 Rally in Rain

I just drove my RS4 in a full downpour...thru puddles and everything. Talk about fun....that thing just slides all over the place, kicking up water like a real car. This thing absolutely hauls ass. I was afraid the receiver and servo would be jacked, but I just ran 3 packs out there so everything seems to be ok. Not to mention, its like a free car wash.

Absolutely a blast.

Err...I should mention, I have a MTroniks ESC which is water proof, along with the inner housing the RS4 comes with.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:46 AM
Revs

Default RE: RS4 Rally in Rain

lol, my freind tryed a similar thing in a tl01! apart from this had no shell, a mechanical speed controller and acoms radio gear........he had great fun slaming through puddles, sliding across the street.....until it real wet! then it drove its self down the street and straight into a post craking the chassis down the middle and scattering his front servo all over the floor!!............he never did find the front wheel!
Old 04-13-2004, 04:11 PM
korq7

Hahahah, I have the Rally too, great car... I ran mine in the rain and it somehow got into the reciever, which stopped working. When I opened it up, the little circut board was covered in corrosion. I fixed it with a toothbrush .
Running it in the rain is so cool
Old 04-13-2004, 04:18 PM
r/c newbie

Hay korq I am from the Island too and have a rally.Do you know any good spots to run.All I can find are construction sites and vacant lots both filled with debris. The rally doesn't seem to handle rough, rocky or losse terrain that well.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:08 PM
danlee1

I got lucky with the receiver I suppose. I'll probably just cover the thing with a balloon just in case. Also, I've been WD40ing the thing like crazy just to prevent corrosion. It's an absolute blast, especially when people drive by in their real cars while it's raining, looking at the thing. The HPI Rally kicks ass though. It handles well, is very stable, and tough as nails.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:17 PM
studysession

I have to ask, where did you buy your MTroniks receiver from? Do you have a link?
Old 04-14-2004, 10:07 PM
danlee1

I bought mine from hobbypeople.net. Good price, awesome service, and first rate ESC. I'm definitely going to stay with the Mtroniks brand as the waterproof nature is invaluable in my opinion. The price is great also.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:52 PM
studysession

I am getting one soon. I currently have one of their motors and one of their ESC's. That is why I was wondering.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:40 PM
studysession

I just heard that MTroniks is coming out with a new fully water proof 75MHz receiver soon. I am in the UK and I will be getting the 40MHz receiver myself.