Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OverHaul

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 04:56 AM
addy89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OverHaul

Hey

Ive Just GOtten into racing and my TA04-r Is pretty competitive and now i want to make it the best at the track what do you suggest i could change/ add to make it better even some good set ups would be nice

i have a TAMIYA 540-J
MTRONICS SONIK 3 TEMPO 11T ESC
FUTABA S3003 SERVO
AND THE rest is standard with the TA04-R

thanks
Old 05-05-2004, 06:50 AM
frailcow

Default RE: OverHaul

What class will you be racing? Try a nice stock motor like the Trinity Monster Horsepower or the Reedy MVP. Whats the track you are running on like?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:38 PM
briandf21

faster servo- definitely- 9402 or better... Don't need the power necessarily, just the speed
Old 05-05-2004, 08:26 PM
muahaha

setup are always based on the track layout, condition and ur driving style. i would recomend u to get the xxx main setup guide. its the best at the moment.

as for more speed. try and reduce as much binding and friction in the drivetrain as the ta04 have quite a tight trainnies. u'll gain at least 15% more power from this. then there is the gearing. as the motor u descript sound like a "silver can" motor, run the brush in and geared it aggresively.

low end motor like the silver can tend to roll when u let go of the throttle. work with this and u can out corner anyone using the same motor.