Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Looking for a 4wd electric buggy/stadium truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 09:51 PM
arepit
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a 4wd electric buggy/stadium truck

Im looking for a good 4wd electric buggy/stadium truck. Ive done a little research on the Losi XXX4 and Yokomo MR4 BC. I think they are the only 4wd electric buggy in the market right now. But Im not too sure. Is there any other buggy that Ive missed? What do you guys think about these two truck(durability, handling, reliability and replcament parts )? My primary concern is on the durability aspect. Im thinking of getting the MR4 BC special edition with novak 5800 brushless system. What do you guys think about this setup? And if any of you guys have the MR4 BC, I would like to know if can we convert the buggy into truggy ( with larger tire) like the yokomo MR4-MT.
I really need some help from the experienced and knowledgeble RC drivers like you guys. Your cooperation in helping me to decide which truck is the best is highly appreciated .
Old 09-05-2004, 09:56 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Looking for a 4wd electric buggy/stadium truck

if you get the brushless you might wanna upgrade your drivetrain gears etc.cause brushless motors have lots of torque scrrreeeeeeeeccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhh[>:]
Old 09-05-2004, 10:00 PM
EdsWords

What are you going to use it for? Racing? Bashing? It makes a difference.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:00 PM
arepit

Thanks for the info. CAn you explain about strengtening the drivetrain? Anyway, what do you think about the truck itself. Is it possible for me to convert it into truggy?
Old 09-05-2004, 10:04 PM
arepit

Right now, I think Im going to focus on bashing first. Ill try to race the truck if I can handle it perfectly.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:06 PM
oatmealman
Banned

what i mean is upgrading to metal every thing in the tranmission a brushless has a lot of torque and will put alot of strees on stock parts,it will be ok for a little while but it will save you money in the long run
Old 09-06-2004, 12:06 AM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

I think it would be cool looking to see a XXX4 truck and have like holeshots all the way around with a buggyish body though
Old 09-06-2004, 01:43 AM
muahaha

hhmmmmmm there is 3 other 4wd buggy u have seem to missed, schumacher cat3000, durango and ae 4wd buggy (dun remember the name nor the model, sorry ). as for the car, all of them is fast. only problem is the older xxx4 shock tower is more brittle then the newer ones. if u break them, juz replace it with the newer graphite ones, and problem solved.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:16 PM
arepit

Thanks for the info muahha. Based on wat Ive read about other buggy, I think the best choice for me are XXX4 G+ and yokomo MR4-BC special. But still not too sure which one I should buy. As I said earlier, my primary concern is on the durability aspect as Im going to use the buggy for bashing. Please help me by giving soem advices guys...

oatmealman, Ive tried to look for the metal gears for the transmission but I cant find one. Do you know where I can get them? And one more question, which brushless is better for a beginner like me:- NOVAK SS5800 or SS4300
Old 09-07-2004, 12:47 PM
oatmealman
Banned

no brushless is good for a beginner to much speed and power but what ever do what you pls.i would say the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0096p?&N=P&C=&P=7&F=KONM3020&L=UFLM1340&S1=BRUSHLESS&S2=MOTORS&S3=&S4=]here you go[/link] try this it's on the high side but it's fast and has lots of power[>:]
Old 09-07-2004, 10:10 PM
EdsWords

You may also want to consider a Tamiya Gravel Hound. Its cheaper than the XXX4 and meant to be a basher.

I don't think think the XXX4 would make a very good basher because of its lack of ground clearance. I also don't think it's worth converting into a stadium truck. It is set up to race on smooth tracks and its geared to be a buggy and to run with 'smallish' wheels and tires with a narrow stance.

To install oversized tires and wheels would tax the driveline and the electric motor and cause esc's to overheat and the belts to stretch.

I dont think any 4WD buggy would be as durable as a 2wd stadium truck. There is just more stuff to break. They are more for racing.

I have a HPI RS4 MT it is basically a belt driven 4wd stadium truck. At times it is awesome. But 4wd has disadvantages (weight and extra parts & maintenance) and its not significatly better than my 2wd Evader at our track.

But it can do a nasty 4 wheel drift on soft dirt!