Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Gearing my Novak Brushless??

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Dmoress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing my Novak Brushless??

Love the Novak System in my TC3. Need some help though. I am using the 72 pinion that came with the kit and a 24 spur I pulled of of RTR Losi. I have had some problems. gearing won't mesh for long and motor just spins. Any recommendations? What are some of the better gears I can buy and how should I gear my TC3.

Dmoress
Old 09-18-2004, 04:30 PM
losi_modified
Banned

Default RE: Gearing my Novak Brushless??

well first of all the spur is the bigger gear and the pinion is what goes on the motor plus if they are not messing right its prolly bc of the losi pinion being a different pitch associated runs 48pitch pinions so make sure its that then idunno how to gear tc3's but associateds website gots setup sheets on it u can go by they tell u everthing on how to set it up like the ros cars
Old 09-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Dmoress

Cool. Thanks for the advice. I will start there.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:52 PM
kh15

ORIGINAL: Dmoress

Love the Novak System in my TC3. Need some help though. I am using the 72 pinion that came with the kit and a 24 spur I pulled of of RTR Losi. I have had some problems. gearing won't mesh for long and motor just spins. Any recommendations? What are some of the better gears I can buy and how should I gear my TC3.

Dmoress
i'm seriously thinking about getting it do you like it? has it given you any problems? how long have you had it? thanks!
Old 09-18-2004, 11:45 PM
kh15

recomended to start with a final drive ration of 7,3:1
Old 09-19-2004, 08:36 AM
Dmoress

If you want to make the investment it is so worth it. It is fast. Easy to install. If you are not racing and you are just bashing or racing with friends it's great.