Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

xxx-s plus 2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 04:38 PM
califax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xxx-s plus 2?

Has anyone heard rumors of another xxxs-plus 2? A sales person at my lhs mentioned it this week and It got my hopes up. Since AE is coming out with the TC4 it would seem Team Losi would love to compete and create a next gen xxx-s. Let me know what you guys think.[8D]
Old 09-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Losidude_2

Default RE: xxx-s plus 2?

Yes i heard about it on rctech. Its an second version its a dual belt car with battery tray up the center.
I also heard that the drive train is off set so the battery can be closer to the center....and the motor is in the middle of the car....and the A-arms are shorter. Hmmm that sounds a lot like a Pro-3

basically its something along those lines but its gonna be done RIGHT not half done so u have to get a hara chassis to perform
Old 09-21-2004, 05:27 PM
califax

I am familiar with the Pro-3 and with the corrally mid motor assasin. What do you mean HARA chassis? In any case I own a xxx-s plus graphite right now. I would love to own a TC4 instead of the new xxxs-2. What do you think?
Old 09-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Losidude_2

Im not sure its really hard to know about when you just cant picture it correctly..yah i would like to own a TC4 more the the Losi
Old 09-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Losidude_2

Its all official now...this is from rc exotics...

ORIGINAL: RCxotic.com

Team Losi XXX-S RTR II -Losi
Team Losi now offers an updated version of their popular XXX-S Sport RTR sedan. Designated the RTRII, this tourer offers some exciting new appearance and performance features. The RTRII includes the same national champion chassis design, with its user-friendly enclosed drivetrain and ultra efficient single belt drive. Also included is a JR XR2i computer radio system with high-torque steering servo. The RTRII pushes performance even further with its Trinity 19-turn rebuildable race motor. There¹s also a new state-of-the-art, Novak-made, Team Losi Sport forward/reverse ESC that can handle up to 15-turn modified motors. Improved handling and performance is provided by a sleek Alfa racing body, which is available in two stunning paint schemes. New brilliant chrome mesh style wheels with soft compound tires put the finishing touch on the new XXX-S RTRII package. The most impressive feature of the RTRII is that all these new upgrades are included at no extra cost.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:08 PM
hawk222

i'm in shock. what do you guys think.i hope this is a prototype chassis. [X(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54564.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	177038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46494.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	177039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88252.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	177040   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr48011.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	177041  
Old 09-26-2004, 06:19 PM
dragbikebam

is that it?..the new losi?..where the heck did you get the pics, it supposed to be top secret..that reminds me of the older weapon chassy ....i wish losi would take note of what hpi did and ditch the belt and build a shaft car..i like belt cars for there smoothness and quiet drive train but shaft seems to be the best for quicker response out of the curves and in general, i made the switch and never looked back.my two xxx-s' are my back ups and bashers now..this is just my opinion and it means nothing..
Old 09-26-2004, 06:23 PM
hawk222

pics are on rc tech.dunno how long they'll stay up for though.as i said prolly a proto chassis,but the drivetrain is the real deal
Old 09-26-2004, 06:40 PM
califax

I knew it!!! I asked Bill at Losi and he pleaded the "FIF". I called under a different name and again he pleaded the "FizIF".
Old 09-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Cory Ream

Ya thats the new JRXS. I was going to wait for the TC4 but I am going to get this.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:47 PM
wreckingcrew85

jrxs and xxxs II are different cars xxxsII is rtr the jrxs is kit. I just purchased the xxxsII and have two races under my belt with it, so far i like it. My son has been racing the xxxs for last two seasons and we have had good luck with it. I wanted to get the jrxs but money was burning hole in my pocket and couldn't wait! I am looking to get it for next winter though looks awesome! Anyone have the losi 4 wheel drive buggy? Any input would be appreciated as i am also considering this purchase.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:24 AM
Pro4_racer

I have the XXX-4G+. Awesome off-road car. Really stable and a lot of fun to drive.

Paul