Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Touring Car forum!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 07:06 PM
45mph pede
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Touring Car forum!!!!

Belt is good, but the instant back breaking jolt of my pro4 is realy easy to controll. I always feel like the belt driven cars dont have enough punch to get around turns. Maby its just because im use to the punch though...
-Wes
Old 01-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Cory Ream

I never was a really big fan of shaft drive cars. I have always liked how belts transitioned better around turns.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:24 PM
mjg202

Hey,
Are you kidding? I can't believe it! This is what I have been wondering all along. I couldn't agree more about the on-road electrics' getting the raw deal! I even e-mailed the editor of R/C Car Action and told him/her that they should change the name of their magazine to R/C Buggy/Truggy Action. I am not renewing my subscription because of the lack of attention given to us electric on-roaders'. Now I have been in the hobby for 3 years now and it seems like I know nothing. How do you learn about on-road cars? I need a "Glossary of terms" so that I can understand what everyone is talking about. Does anyone know if there is one out there? I have a T1FK05 any comments'?
Tks,
mjg202 P.S. Let me know if I can do anything to help the cause!!
Old 04-02-2006, 07:39 PM
HPIsprint91

I have a sprint also, and am installing a SpeedGem Amber 17turn, i do know thats the limit with the stock Nosram ESC, so if you want a faster motor, you'll need a new ESC, i suggest Novak.

Any other questions, I'll try my best to answer them
Old 04-02-2006, 08:00 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

I got a question about rims. Whats the difference between hard rims and soft rims? Im looking at this page right here and Im trying to decide which rims I should get for my t-spec.

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...umb=on&smode=0

Oh yea, my t-spec is stock but with a SS4300 powering it. Only thing people should be worried about purchasing this car is the transmission. It cant really take the power of the 4300 (it doesnt help im using 7-cells either) and so now I have to buy a new tranny for it. Just be wary that this car isnt made to take power like that, its supposed to take stock- around 15t motors. Other than that, it comes with many features for a small price.

Speaking of power, can somebody reccomend me a TC that can handle a brushless motor with a bunch of torque without having to upgrade the whole tranny?
Old 04-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Dokioto

I have a TC4 rtr. I am trying to get in to racing, but I can't find any on-road tracks near me. I am going to get the factory team conversion kit and better electronics.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:24 PM
R/C fan-addict

capone: maybe the TC4 team edition or possibly the RTR and the HPI Pro 4, I'm putting a 4.5 BL in my ta05 and will see how it works although I have seen others on this forum with 4.5 or 5.5 motors in their Ta05's that aren't complaining...
Old 04-07-2006, 11:12 PM
skeptron

capone12

if your looking for that kind of car...xray t2 is the one for you. you can race straight out of the box .no aditional hop-ups ,i will take the fastest motor you put in. torque? bring em!!! and t2 will take em!! for me i run my car in a technical high bite track so i dont realy need those high end motors as long as i got the perfect set-up. im on top.you dont need top speed on sharp turns...
Old 04-08-2006, 01:33 AM
MuffinMan06

Yeah those xrays are really nice cars, I saw a guy had one at hobbytown USA the other day with all this graphite parts on it. Mine only has regular plastic composite parts... for now at least But today I got a new Mazda 6 body and got my comm cut so that's exiting

It's about time there was a touring car thread!