Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

XXX-T MF2 or T4 Factory

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XXX-T MF2 or T4 Factory

I Havent raced electric's in years and I'm seriously considering taking the plunge again. I am looking into the Losi XXX-T MF2 and the T4 Factory Team. I was wondering what everyones unbiased opinions were, also what's a good ESC to race with?
Old 11-01-2004, 08:37 PM

Default RE: XXX-T MF2 or T4 Factory

both car are awesome, althou the mf2 is just slightly more bang for the buck. pick ur choice and both will please u.

as for esc, here's some that i recomend

novak - gt7 ver3
novak - gtx
novak - tc2
ko propo - vfs1/j
ko propo - vfs2000/2000j
teikin - g10 pro+
mtronik - (forgot the model number)
lrp - v7.1
lrp - quantum competition 2

and for some decent esc
duratrax - intellispeed 8t pro
lrp - f1 pro
novak - dually

happy huntting .
Old 11-01-2004, 11:44 PM

Are they both pretty equal handling, accelerating, etc.?
Old 11-02-2004, 02:54 AM

they can both be set up to handle and accelerate more or less the same. both r top cars, performance between them is so tiny it does not matter. what matter is u my friend. if u drive like crap, even the best car out there will not win u races.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:58 AM

In a recent RC car action they did a comparison and 4 out of 6 drivers said the mf2.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Banned

I personally own an MF1 and a T4FT, and I've built an MF2.. Of the 3, the MF2 is the superior kit and I plan to get one for next season. Buy my T4FT =)
Old 11-02-2004, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: mini_man13

In a recent RC car action they did a comparison and 4 out of 6 drivers said the mf2.
That same article also said the mf2 was a little twitchier than the T4.Hence the faster lap times but it may be too much for a novice.
To be honest though I have an mf2 and don't get their twitchyness claims as mine suits my driving style fine

Peace [8D]
Old 11-02-2004, 05:40 PM

xxxt mf2 [>:]
Old 11-02-2004, 11:42 PM
My Feedback: (4)

MF2 if youre a top driver its VERY unforgiving when compared to the FT T4 and parts are usually more and harder to find so its up to you personally I would choose the FT T4 because its stable and it doesnt have those funky drive axles and my shops carry AE more so go by your shop and check em both out
Old 11-03-2004, 09:32 PM
My Feedback: (-1)

i would say t4 because at my local track there are the best and i own a T4 also
Old 11-04-2004, 09:07 AM

I also have a t4, just the team kit. Maybe i'm biased but i think the t4 is the smoothest driving truck out there. They new steering geometry they put in there is totally awesome. Going over bumps and landing jumps you still have total control over your truck, its sexy. Where i drive here at school everyone is hardcore losi, and everyweekend i race against 30 or so xxxt's, mf's, and mf2's. Only a couple other associated drivers around here [:-]
Old 11-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Banned

Honestly, these are all just opinions.. Just because a T4 wins all the time at your track doesn't mean it's the superior truck. What it means is that its owner is a superior driver and setup man.. I won the electric class at my track this year using an MF1 and a T4, and I beat other MF1's, MF2's, T4's, T3's and even some pan car based stuff. I used both trucks and raced the one that felt the best during practice. Overall, I had the best results with the Losi. I run my trucks bone stock with the exception of the rear pivot blocks, which I replace with aluminum cuz I hate replacing em all the time. No oval conversions, no wedge or EDM bodies, just a simple, straight out of the box setup..
Old 11-04-2004, 11:00 AM

For really good drivers i'm sure each car would suit an individual driver's style. For the rest of us i think you could buy either, get used to it, and win races if you're good enough. I totally agree with speed that once you've reached this level of kit, its all about other stuff, motors, batteries, driver skill...
Old 11-04-2004, 11:26 AM

Thanks for all of the opinions. I think I'm going to go down to the track this weekend and see what trucks the "fast guys" are running then go from there. Both are equally supported by the on-site hobby shop so I should be ok. Are the 3600Mah batteries legal yet? Are they going to be all that great anyways? I'm planning on running Novak Platinum 3300's....what do you guys think about that?
Old 11-04-2004, 01:38 PM

3600's are legal, but if you're racing you don't really need them because the voltages are the same. With races only lasting 5minutes, most 3300's will probably give you 6-7 minutes of race pace running anyway, so the extra capacity won't do you any good. Good idea about going to the track to see what the guys are driving. I'd suggest seeing if anyone will let you drive their trucks for a lap or two so you can see how they handle and make your own opinion.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:31 PM

I havent raced in about 4 years and I'm sure I'm quite rusty. Would I be just as fast with a XXX-T Sport with the same electrics as a XXX-T MF2? I guess what I'm asking is do you really see/feel the differences between these 2 trucks unless you're a "pro"?
Old 11-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Banned

No, you don't. Graphite parts only matter when you can turn many consecutive clean laps. Until then, whacking the wall will do far more damage to your lap times than a less than rigid chassis.. So ya know... My record for clean consecutive laps is 87 =) On a tight short track oval like I run, that's not an easy thing to do.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Banned

Oh and speaking as one of the "fast guys" at my track. I hate when people that I've never met come up and ask to drive my stuff. I don't mind showing it to you, you can pick it up, drop it to check out the suspension, check out the radio or whatever you want.. But, you won't drive it. I have a lot of time and a WHOLE lot of money invested in my gear, and having someone with unknown driving skills out there "playing" with my race trucks ain't a pleasant thing for me. I know how fast my trucks can go, and I know what plowing into the wall at full bore will do. Same thing holds for someone shopping for the same model of car I own.. I don't care if you ARE considering driving a Dodge Intrepid, you ain't gonna test drive mine if I don't know you. Now, if I do know you and I know you can drive, then you stand a better chance of getting to drive it.