Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

ESC Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 03:08 PM
marktheshark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Install Question

I'm getting ready to put a Novak Rooster on my E-Rusty. Rusty still has the stock motor (20t Stinger) on it.

The directions for the Rooster say to solder 3 capacitors to the motor. The Stinger already has two on it. Can I just solder one on, or am I better off putting the other three on it?

Thanks

Mark
Old 11-18-2004, 03:22 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: ESC Install Question

You dont want to add all three if youve already got two on the motor.

Chances are, the ones that came on your motor are ceramic, which is the lowest quality caps you can get. Your ESC probobly came with some shiny green (metal film) ones that look like gum, correct? if so replace the ones on the motor with the ones your ESC came with.

The metal film caps are much better quality than ceramic, Also they are generally much closer to their advertised specs. than ceramic disk style caps are.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:56 PM
marktheshark

The caps that came w/the Rooster are ceramic as well. Should I just go to Radio Shack and get the better ones, remove the two on the moter and put three of the better ones on?
Old 11-18-2004, 04:21 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

You can if you want, but for now I'd just use the ceramic ones, eventually one will probobly get crushed, which happens quite easy, then I'd go ahead and replace them.