Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Which 1/12th scale?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 07:53 PM
CRCDRIVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 1/12th scale?

I am thinking of getting a 1/12 scale car for christmas, but I don't know which one. I like the CRC carpet knife because you don't have to tape the batteries in, but my local indoor track dosen't have that many parts for that car. Let me know what cars you people have and the good and bad things about them. And is there any way I could convert a car that uses tape to hold the batteries down to use the same battery hold-downs as the CRC car?
Old 12-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Cory Ream

Default RE: Which 1/12th scale?

The reason for taping down the battery packs is to cut down on wieght. It is musch lighter to tape the cells down than to have a strap or something else holding it down. It takes 2 seconds to strap a pack down with tape. With that being said; I liked my RC12L3 it was a great handeling car and was easy to get parts for. Now that 12th scale has made a comeback where I live I am thinking of going with the CEFX C12. www.cefx.net. Heres a list of some good 12th scales:

AE RC12L3/L4
Corally SP 12M
Yokomo YRX 12
CRC Carpet Knife
CEFX C12
Speed Merchant Rev. 4
etc...
Old 12-06-2004, 09:50 PM
threebs

If my wife would let me get another car, it would be the Corally mini assasin. If only because it will take six cell packs, and to my knowledge, none of the other do.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:13 AM
Pro4_racer

IMO, I would go for either the Associated L4 or the CEFX 12. Both are very good cars. CEFX I would recommend if you want ultimate performance in a box or if you want and guaranteed parts back up go for the L4.

Paul