Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

recommendation on stock electric motor with long comm life

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

recommendation on stock electric motor with long comm life

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 11:44 AM
harleymon2002
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recommendation on stock electric motor with long comm life

hi all,

i am relatively new to electric cars and am looking for stock 19 and 27 turn electric motor that has long life. i want most number of runs between cutting the comm. i mostly race offroad dirt losi xxxt, and I am looking for lower maintenance as opposed to the fastest out there. any help ??

thanks!
Old 01-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Revs

Default RE: recommendation on stock electric motor with long comm life

in 27t there are all fairly similar and good gearing can be the key to long life, i have recently found the hellfire to have a very good brush life and the com even after 4 meetings is still more than useable.
Tom
Old 01-23-2005, 05:11 PM
kh15

i'm not sure on what to suggest as far as motors but the reedy quad mag is one of the best and most popular 19t's out thier right now, but as far as how many runs your gonna get on any motor i would say you could PUSH 10 runs on a 19t and stock motor before you wont be able to stand it anymore i personally skim my 19t every 3 runs and change brushes after 6 runs
Old 01-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Pro4_racer

Unfortuantely, I can't help you out with the 27t motor but I can with the 19t. I have two V2 motors. The Peak Dynasty and the Orion Element. I can easily get 25 runs before needing to change brushes and re-skimming the motor. They are not slow either.

Paul
Old 01-23-2005, 08:53 PM
JordanT

I would use whatever stock motor best suits your track and if your allowed to use a v2 endbell and brushes.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:12 PM
EdsWords

I have 2 Trinity Monster Pros and used to own Trinity PK2K. The Trinity stock motors seem to require frequent com cuttings. The coms on the Trinity motors looked pretty dark and ready for cut after about 2 weekends. I bought an Orion Core stock motor and ran it 4 race weekends (2 qualifiers and a main) without cutting the com. When I finally broke down and finally had it cut, It probably didnt really need it, but I decided to get it done just in case.

I think the Monster Stock is a bit quicker than the Core, but the Core did not require as much maintenance.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:11 AM
kh15

thats what i use that team orion element and thiers no way im getting 25 runs out of it maybe its just me and always wanting my motor to proform like new but i cant stand to take it past 10 and thats REALLY pushing it
Old 01-24-2005, 02:40 AM
Revs

aslong as the 27t stock motor is well geared then you should get about 20 4 or 5 min runs before preformance starts to falll off you could push 25 or 30 but the com will start to get damaged.
Tom