Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Mini T blues

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 10:23 PM
ablome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini T blues

Recently bought a mini t. Drives real nice for about 10 feet and then it shuts down. What can I do?
Old 02-21-2005, 11:02 PM
mydartswinger

Default RE: Mini T blues

I just bought one about a week ago myself. I ran into the same issue. First off, there's a little ball of black wire located in the chassis behind the front wheel. That's your antennae wire. Unravel that ball. Second, look in the styrofoam that the truck comes in, the antennae tube is taped to the foam. The tube is hard to see because it is clear. Run the wire through the holes on the side of the esc/receiver unit, then through the antennae tube. Next, place the antennae tube into the hole that you ran the wire through, making sure it's in the correct hole to easily go through the body's antennae hole. Hope this helps.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:52 PM
ablome

Thank you. I did do this though. It still only went 10 feet. It would go that 10 feet real fast! I took it in to the hoby shop and of course it ran about double the distance. Then I took it home and it went back to the same old thing. The only difference was the the hobby shop i did not run it with the body on. What do you think?
Old 02-22-2005, 10:59 PM
mydartswinger

I don't know what kind of area you are running it in, but if there are to many metal buildings or large power lines in the area, someone running transmitting devices(other r/c cars, airplanes, or boats, a radio station, or some other type of high power transmitting device, or even low power in close enough range) could all possibly cause interferance resulting in glitching and loss of signal. If you're running it near anything like this, try running it at a nearby r/c racetrack or out in the country with nothing around and see what happens. It might also be caused by low transmitter batteries. If that's the case, try another set of batteries(you never know, you could have gotten some dud batteries). Also, make sure that the antennae wire has not been accidentally or intentionally trimmed and that the transmitter antennae is also fully extended. Also check the crystals to be sure that they're seated properly. Hope this helps. If it doesn't, try contacting Losi(Horizon Hobby) at the number in the manual[(877)504-0233], they could provide more assistance.